2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews 2

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
My FIRST SUV - Loving it !
By gwsmith on 10/18/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First off, this is my first new car in 30 years, and have been a Saturn owner for the last 10... I needed something to transport my keyboard gear to the shows. Now, there is plenty of room for all the equipment now. Owned for only 6 weeks and the OD just turned 1800 miles and it has been 100% problem free thus far!

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR IN A 4 CYL
By ewalker2 on 09/25/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is terrible in a 4cyl. It has no pick up and go from a stopping position. A honda civic can accelerate faster then this SUV. Not to mention this car hold no value. I went to trade it in and I bought this car brand new, it has 9000 something miles, great shape its a 2012 and the dealership offered me 13500. even though i just bought it 9 months ago for 23500. Waste of time and money now I'm stuck with a horrible vehicle.

My first ford and won't be my last
By southern_guy82 on 09/02/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2012 ford escape limited and I love it I down sized from a Lincoln navigator Because of Gas mileage and cost of up keep. I have had my escape for two weeks and have put almost 300 miles on it so far and I love it. It is a perfect fit for me I love the feel the way it handles the ride and the interior/exterior design. It is a great car for the money Great job Ford I'm already planning my second car and it will be a Ford.

Mine is a 3.0 V-6 not 2.5
By frdrang03 on 08/14/12 14:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my Wife's SUV and she love's everything about it we have put 6000 miles on it since buying new in February. This car is Awesome in the snow and on Ice considering its hard to stop anything on Ice. We tried everything we could to get it to spin out in a snow storm, I know your thinking Idiot, but I wanted to push it limits I Have Road raced cars for 8 years and I couldn't get it to spin out the Advance trac, ABS, and stability would allow me to over accelerate it actually directed me back on the road. I hard to describe in detail but it outperforms my buddy's Subaru in AWD performance, and fuel economy. This a great little SUV and it make me proud to see a American

Rethink before you purchase
By campmulli on 07/20/12 15:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I will not purchase another one and cannot wait to get out of this one. We purchased the V6 Hybrid in January and in February the bumper clips were broken, the cold air proved to be rough on transmission, various plastic pieces are broken and when putting back seat windows down, the vibration is unbearable. This is the second Ford Vehicle I have owned that I believe to be a lemon. I have owned many Ford vehicles and may consider others in the future but it certainly will not be an Escape.

First time Ford lets me down.
By sweetmeli on 07/12/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car back in March and two weeks later it broke down in the middle of the freeway, left me stranded. They said it was the sensor and had to replace it. First time that Ford lets me down since I have been buying Ford cars since 1997. Also the car vibrates, shakes, and rattles like if it was an older car. Not sure what is up with that, but the dealer said that a lot of people were complaining about it too.

Love my new 2012 Ford Escape Limited!
By swp2012 on 07/05/12 15:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am a twenty something single woman and wanted a small SUV without that "mom car" look and something small enough to not feel like I'm driving a bus. The Fors Escape was perfect! I have the limited version which was a little more expensive but I don't regret getting it at all! The black/charcoal/grey interior is beautiful and I get so many compliments. The ride is fairly smooth and I get pretty good gas mileage- about 22 mpg city, 24 hwy which is better than expected considering I have the V6 engine. I feel very secure in the car and definitely feel if I'm in an accident- I will have the advantage. It's an all around great car and worth the price!

Great Vehicle For The Price
By ffparamederek on 05/20/12 17:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a few days ago so we could have a car to augment our GMC Acadia due to a growing family. It replaced a 1997 Escort so its definitely better. My dealer's initial price quote was over $19,000. I was called a few days later and was told that that particular Escape was on sale for $13,995. For that price I would say the car is spectacular, being that it was less cash than a 4 year old RAV4 with 90,000 miles. Its quiet, rides smooth, is very quiet, and has ample power. The manual transmission is hard to shift, but I hope it loosens up. The interior is cheap and plasticky, but what should I expect for the price?

Ford Escape 3.0 ~~Great Vehicle
By Den5276 on 05/03/12 13:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had the 2012 Escape XLT FWD 3.0 engine since Early April. We just drove it from NYC to Knoxville, TN & back again. It was a pleasure to drive. Got gas mileage around 22 miles a gal but I had a load in the vehicle and had a Thule Roof carrier which no doubt affected the mileage. I was amazed to see so many Escapes on the Road. A winner !!

Pretty good little car
By cpatterson1177 on 03/04/12 05:12 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The leather seats are very comfortable once you get the seat adjust just as you like it. My passengers tell me that there is a ton of room in the back seats and that the back seats are very comfortable. I got the steel blue color and I notice that it shows dirt very easily. Even right after I wash it, dirt appears on it. The back area is very prone to getting water spray from the rear wheels. I would recommend mud flaps. The premium stereo has a lot of features to it, but the speakers do not sound "premium". I would like a clearer sound and some additional bass. Also, the speakers on the front are in the door, so you leg muffles them. The ride is very comfortable, but has big turn radius.