Used 2012 Ford Escape Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

A good purchase
By Phil Pimental

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned four Escapes over the years, and own a 2009 and a 2012. I have now had the 2012 for a year now and put about 10K miles on it. I have had no issues with it. It will get over 30 MPG on long trips when driven at highway speeds.

I like the back up camera and the heated seat, a couple of items not on my 2009.

Although I have noticed no problems with the brakes and I am aware that most of the burden is on the front brakes in normal braking, I still wish Ford had kept the disc brakes on the rear.

Great Car for the money
By roadrunner00

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 4 cylinder limited model to get better gas mileage than we were getting with out 8 cylinder. Having said that you can definitely tell its a 4 cylinder. it definitely doesn't have the get up and go that Ive become accustomed to but thats a trade I was willing to make. It feels luxurious and comfortable inside which was surprising to me since I am tall and I thought it was going to be too small. But for the money you can't beat it and I am happy with my purchase.

By far my favorite feature is the one touch open close moonroof my chevy had to be held to close it. I thought the cheesy interior lights were a joke but the kids went bananas when we turned them on and now I rather enjoy having them on. Feels sort of limo-ish.

The bumper and door handles seem rather flimsy but they seem to hold up.also the passenger seat is not motorized and the neither seat has the memory adjustment which is a pain in the rear. I wish it had blinkers on the rear view mirror and since it not 4wd slightly larger wheels. The current design may ride better but if you're not going off road a little bit sportier wheel wouldn't have hurt. Those are trivial but the memory seat is inexcusable for a limited trim level.

My first ford and won't be my last
By southern_guy82

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2012 ford escape limited and I love it I down sized from a Lincoln navigator Because of Gas mileage and cost of up keep. I have had my escape for two weeks and have put almost 300 miles on it so far and I love it. It is a perfect fit for me I love the feel the way it handles the ride and the interior/exterior design. It is a great car for the money Great job Ford I'm already planning my second car and it will be a Ford.

Gas mileage, back up camera,sync system,blind spot mirrors, and interior/exterior design

Heated and AC front seats instead of just heated seats and a power liftgate would be nice

Pretty good little car
By cpatterson1177

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The leather seats are very comfortable once you get the seat adjust just as you like it. My passengers tell me that there is a ton of room in the back seats and that the back seats are very comfortable. I got the steel blue color and I notice that it shows dirt very easily. Even right after I wash it, dirt appears on it. The back area is very prone to getting water spray from the rear wheels. I would recommend mud flaps. The premium stereo has a lot of features to it, but the speakers do not sound "premium". I would like a clearer sound and some additional bass. Also, the speakers on the front are in the door, so you leg muffles them. The ride is very comfortable, but has big turn radius.

My favorite features are the premium sound system, the leather seats and the rear-view camera. The premium sound system comes with the SYNC system, Bluetooth audio, a USB plugin, and Sirius satellite radio. I can pretty much listen to anything I want to. The leather seats are so comfortable. I drive 45 minutes to work everyday and I am so much more relaxed when I get to work and arrive at home. The rear-view camera is brilliant. I'm glad that it's going to be required on all models starting in 2013. I can see everything behind me. I don't have to worry about hitting cars or other people. It makes backing into a parking spot so much easier.

The speakers in the front need to not be in the doors. The sound gets muffled but your leg. Put up on the dash to get better sound. Do not use the piano black interior anymore. It looks good for about 5 minutes after you buy the car and then there is dust and hair everywhere. Add memory settings for the driver seat. Since there are so many different options for the driver seat, it's hard to get back to exactly right after someone else drives it. Put the controls for the cruise control on the ride side of the steering wheel. The controls on the left side are awkward.