Used 2012 Ford Escape XLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great Vehicle For The Price
By ffparamederek

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a few days ago so we could have a car to augment our GMC Acadia due to a growing family. It replaced a 1997 Escort so its definitely better. My dealer's initial price quote was over $19,000. I was called a few days later and was told that that particular Escape was on sale for $13,995. For that price I would say the car is spectacular, being that it was less cash than a 4 year old RAV4 with 90,000 miles. Its quiet, rides smooth, is very quiet, and has ample power. The manual transmission is hard to shift, but I hope it loosens up. The interior is cheap and plasticky, but what should I expect for the price?

Favorite Features

Price! Rides very smooth, fits our family, is very easy to drive. Excellent gas mileage for an SUV, I expect over 30mpg for our summer road trips. The dash and gauges are nice, the stereo is great, and the 2 tone interior looks good. Very quiet on the freeway. Plenty of room, big back seat for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Really Ford? No floor mats in a brand new car? Interior is cheap plastic. I'm afraid the back hatch glass will start to rattle someday. Seats are hard, but they should soften up.