Three and counting
By escaper2 on
2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Starting in 2005 with my first Escape, then with my 2008 escape I have to admit this 2011 I just bought is the best of all. Most of the "Bugs" have been worked out. The Michelin tires on this one are a first for me. The road noise so evident in the other two is gone now and I attribute that to the tires. Sync is okay, I'm a old guy at 61 and pretty much know where I am going. Perhaps it will help when I become senile? I do miss the compartment in the back under the carpet for the "extra" junk we all carry but never use. I finally got the moon roof and the fog lights. Very pleasant additions. The service department at my dealer is fantastic. The 2011 Escape is well worth the price.
Favorite Features
It is a Ford. What else ca I say? I used to be a Chevy guy, that was three SUV's ago. I really like the "No Gas cap" feature. Now I am just like Nasscar! The leather steering wheel cover is real nice. The little compartment between the visors hides my garage door opener. There is an option for a built in for garage doors, no need though with this little compartment.
Suggested Improvements
Bring back the tool box. Put the rain shields and mud flaps on as standard equipment.