2011 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Three and counting

2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Three and counting
By escaper2 on

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Starting in 2005 with my first Escape, then with my 2008 escape I have to admit this 2011 I just bought is the best of all. Most of the "Bugs" have been worked out. The Michelin tires on this one are a first for me. The road noise so evident in the other two is gone now and I attribute that to the tires. Sync is okay, I'm a old guy at 61 and pretty much know where I am going. Perhaps it will help when I become senile? I do miss the compartment in the back under the carpet for the "extra" junk we all carry but never use. I finally got the moon roof and the fog lights. Very pleasant additions. The service department at my dealer is fantastic. The 2011 Escape is well worth the price.

It is a Ford. What else ca I say? I used to be a Chevy guy, that was three SUV's ago. I really like the "No Gas cap" feature. Now I am just like Nasscar! The leather steering wheel cover is real nice. The little compartment between the visors hides my garage door opener. There is an option for a built in for garage doors, no need though with this little compartment.

Bring back the tool box. Put the rain shields and mud flaps on as standard equipment.