The Good, Bad and the Ugly
By student4life on
2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
My wife and I purchased our Second Ford Excape after our first one (2010) was involved in an accident that wrote it off, but it saved my families life, hence the second one which is a 2011. We like the vehicle, and have the V6, which has more power than people expect. It's kind of rough around the edges, loud road noise and engine, and drives kind of like my jeep YJ used to in many ways. It's not as refined as I expected, but on the plus side, it's small and easy enough to park and manouver in traffic, build quality is superb, had original transmission issues which we're fixed under warranty, and the rear hatch doesnt open all the time (needs to see dealer). Overall quite happy though.
Favorite Features
Build Quality, very peppy V6, great size for parking, easy to drive. It's a good looking vehicle and quick and easy to keep clean, not alot of fancy exterior cosmetic obstacles to clean, nice smooth bodywork. Roomy enough for a family of 4, and the all wheel drive is amazing in the winter.
Suggested Improvements
Should have got the 4 cylinder, as my wife and I put alot of Km's on it. But it's not hard on gas by any means. More driving refinement would be nice in terms of a quieter engine and road noise. Other than that, quite happy.
By mamallama
on 01/17/13 15:19 PM (PST)

I am curious what you "original transmission issues" were. I too have a 2011 Escape AWD V6 and just had mine towed to the dealer today with transmission issues. Fortunately it only had 19,000 miles and will be covered under warranty along with the Ford Roadside Assistance. I like mine too but have always felt there was a trans problem when between 1 & 2 RPMs - felt like the car was going to stall out. Today I went up a small incline on my street and the RPMs rose to 4 but I was getting no acceleration. Also there was a whirring airplane sound from the engine. Thanks for any info you have to share.