2011 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Run far far away from this veh

2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Run far far away from this vehicle!
By undertakeress on

2011 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My dad worked for Ford, and I have owned nothing but Fords my whole life.. I leased this in April 2011 and am counting the days til it is expired. The transmission is HORRIBLE - I'ts been in the shop 4 times and nothing has been fixed. It jumps gears and feels like you've been in a big accident - I almost hit my head on the steering wheel! Vibration at idle at stoplights or drive thru's is horrid, and you can hear the ticking when you start it up. I don't know why this has not been recalled. Every person that I talk to at my job at an auto parts store that has a 4Cyl Escape 09-11 has the SAME issues! Get it together Ford!

The radio/temperature interface panel is nice, and having the Aux cable up front instead of in the center console like on the Fusion or Focus is very nice.

Get rid of this horrible transmission, Ford! Come on - you know about this problem, it exists!