2011 Ford Escape Consumer Review: performance

2011 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

By llf2 on

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2011 now had 1800 mi. From the time I took delivery until now it has a vibration when idling in drive waiting for a traffic light. I've had many 4 cyl cars and never had this problem. I don't know if its a wrong idle speed or maybe a transmission problem. I'll be seeing the dealer soon. I pointed this out to the dealer when I took delivery and he said give it awhile. If he can solvethis problem then I'll be happy.

Adequate room. Split opening hatch.

Softer seats. Would like an 8-way power driver seat. I really miss the "magic key" feature of my Nissan Versa. Sometimes I leave a key in the ignition when I lock the car so that when I get back in I don't have to dig out that monsterous size key that I'm sure will poke a hole in my pants.
By mistymorning16
on 10/04/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

My 2011 Escape is doing the same thing. If you find out what the problem is, please post it as I've taken it back since I bought it in March of this year, and they tell me to go away. I just sat in one of my co-worker's vehicle which is exactly the same as mine, and his runs like a charm. I'm sick of being ignored by Ford. thx.

By timco5
on 12/28/11 09:40 AM (PST)

Samething here - My 2011 4 cyl automatic began to vibrate at a stop in idle. The dealer replaced an engine mount but the vibration did not go away. They said there is nothing more they can do that it's a normal characteristic. I am pursuing the matter with Ford.

By vikings2417
on 02/11/12 21:31 PM (PST)

Ah! The famous "characteristic" line. This is what I've been told too. I've had three Ford employees (1 sales and 2 service) agree that there is a very noticable vibration in the vehicle but it's just a characteristic of the 4 cyl model. They put me two other Escapes on the lot that also feel like a vibrating massage chair. Do you really think that makes me feel better about it? NO! It just makes me think all Ford vehicles suck. I previously drove a Rav4 and a CRV, both 4 cyl, and they did not have that problem. I found some other Escape owners online that had the same issue and were able to help it by loosening the motor mounts. After much begging and pleading with the dealership, I have an appt on Wednesday for them to try this. I'm telling everyone I know to buy a Toyota or a Honda.