performance
By llf2 on
2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
My 2011 now had 1800 mi. From the time I took delivery until now it has a vibration when idling in drive waiting for a traffic light. I've had many 4 cyl cars and never had this problem. I don't know if its a wrong idle speed or maybe a transmission problem. I'll be seeing the dealer soon. I pointed this out to the dealer when I took delivery and he said give it awhile. If he can solvethis problem then I'll be happy.
Favorite Features
Adequate room. Split opening hatch.
Suggested Improvements
Softer seats. Would like an 8-way power driver seat. I really miss the "magic key" feature of my Nissan Versa. Sometimes I leave a key in the ignition when I lock the car so that when I get back in I don't have to dig out that monsterous size key that I'm sure will poke a hole in my pants.
By vikings2417
on 02/11/12 21:31 PM (PST)

Ah! The famous "characteristic" line. This is what I've been told too. I've had three Ford employees (1 sales and 2 service) agree that there is a very noticable vibration in the vehicle but it's just a characteristic of the 4 cyl model. They put me two other Escapes on the lot that also feel like a vibrating massage chair. Do you really think that makes me feel better about it? NO! It just makes me think all Ford vehicles suck. I previously drove a Rav4 and a CRV, both 4 cyl, and they did not have that problem. I found some other Escape owners online that had the same issue and were able to help it by loosening the motor mounts. After much begging and pleading with the dealership, I have an appt on Wednesday for them to try this. I'm telling everyone I know to buy a Toyota or a Honda.

By mistymorning16
on 10/04/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

My 2011 Escape is doing the same thing. If you find out what the problem is, please post it as I've taken it back since I bought it in March of this year, and they tell me to go away. I just sat in one of my co-worker's vehicle which is exactly the same as mine, and his runs like a charm. I'm sick of being ignored by Ford. thx.

By timco5
on 12/28/11 09:40 AM (PST)

Samething here - My 2011 4 cyl automatic began to vibrate at a stop in idle. The dealer replaced an engine mount but the vibration did not go away. They said there is nothing more they can do that it's a normal characteristic. I am pursuing the matter with Ford.