I love my Escape!
By isolusine on
2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I'd give my Escape a 5/5 but I have only had it a month so I can't speak to the reliability yet. I absolutely love it. I love the look of the inside & outside, it drives great and I am getting better gas mileage than I expected. So far in the first month I have gotten 28.5-29.9 mpg, with it increasing every time I go to the gas station! My commute is an hour each way, some city some highway, and it is definitely exceeding my expectations! It is quiet, the AC is quiet and works great, and I haven't had any of the leaking or initial quality issues others have listed.
Favorite Features
I love the comfort of the seats and that the rear seats fold flat, there really weren't too many other SUVs that folded flat (we looked at honda, toyota, gmc and chevy and I think only one of them did). I also like that the fog lights, sunroof, dimming rearview mirror, and electric seat adjustments are all included in the XLT model. Love the Michelin tires and I love the price. Right now, for a small SUV, you can't beat the incentives and price to buy a Ford. I don't think any other SUV looks as good either, I love the exterior. SYNC has worked well for me so far as well.
Suggested Improvements
It would be great to have the rear seats fold flat with fewer steps. It is definitely easy to do, so it is not a huge problem for me, but I did love that you could pull a lever in the back of the RAV4 and the seats would fold (although not flat like I wanted). A bigger problem is that it hesitates shifting from the 1st/2nd gear when I slow down and go to speed back up. This problem was waaay worse in the GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox though, and is the major reason why I didn't buy them. I don't know if this is typical of small SUVs, but I didn't notice it on the test drive of the Escape, the Honda or the Toyota. Driving is great in the Escape otherwise.