2011 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Escaping

2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Escaping
By reviewing on

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I decided to wait until I had at least a few miles on the odometer before writing a review and now with 6k I can give a good overview. The Escape has proven to be a charming little SUV capable on and off road with certain limitations. It is built almost like the SUV's of yesteryear (think bronco) but with modern amenities and components. With only 4, it has kept well on the road including mountain driving and keeps up 70 to 80 with ease. Seats although comfortable become hard after a long haul however. Interior is built precisely for this kind of truck, modern yet simple and good looking, Light offloading handled with ease. For a family of 4 and coming from a bigger SUV has been fine.

Favorite Features

Simple design and Fun, Fun to drive. Dials are easy to use and become second nature after 2nd time around. Blind spot mirrors are very helpful. Metallic paint. Hidden storage compartment in trunk, cargo cover, roof rack, nav, arm rest position, pedal placement, easy steering, interior lighting, keyless key pad, rear window opening, self park, rear sensors, dashboard illumination, elevated info center, MPG (I have a heavy foot and average 24 to 27 in the City and 29 to 32 on HW), carpeting is tough, fold down seats (also after 2nd time around), trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Sun tends to hit dashboard corners emitting a bright reflection into my eyes. Seats should have more adjustment. Visor seems to have two positions, forward or straight down, it's hard to set it in between. Hoot noise is ever present however, it sounds like chassis rather than transmission to me, I am not too worried. Parking break release easy to confuse with hood release. Chrome is excessive. Single light for turn and break, I find it to be dangerous. Front headlights are somewhat weak. Glove compartment is small. Spare is under chassis.