6 cyl. AWD piece of junk!!!!!
By al_syracuse on
2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Problems from day one. The infamous "hoot" which Ford has known about for three years and done nothing about it so far. Getting worse by the day, and will undoubtedly lead to transmission problems. Build quality issues, including fender liner problems, and water leaks. Front passenger compartment was getting flooded every time I went to a car wash. Dealer fixed that problem, and now air conditioner leaks into the same compartment. What a piece of junk. Although I've owned a dozen Fords before, this will be my last, for sure.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Build quality must be better. Everything is out of whack.
By alison731
on 07/17/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

Having TONS of problems with my 2011 Escape Transmission. I'm on my 2nd one in 2 years. I had my first one for a year before they took it back (a years worth payments down the drain), and my 2nd one (the one I have now) for about 6 months. I am extremely frustrated since they are now acting like they have no idea what i'm talking about even though I know 4 other people with the same issues!! I even did there commercial for my dealership after I bought my first one because I was happy with it. Not more then 2 months of having it did I regret doing that for them. A year a half later I'm still dealing with the same issues.

By al_syracuse
on 08/01/11 14:52 PM (PDT)

I finally dumped the Escape after only nine months. I've never owned a car that was such a piece of junk. I advise everyone to stay away from this vehicle. Although I've been a loyal Ford owner for many years, I will never again buy another Ford. They have been disgraceful in their handling of the transmission issues. I now own a Honda CR-V and I love it.