2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Research and you shall see
By macc4644 on 12/13/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have wanted an Escape for several years but never pulled the trigger because of the reviews. This year I decided to look at them again. I get a new vehicle for business yearly so I have had much experience with the competition. For $50K you do not get real leather in a Touareg. A $35K Wrangler is the real deal but rides harsh with bad road manners and the backseat is just for looks. The Nissan's are too old school and pricey. Hyundai's are no longer cheap or full efficient. I looked at everything in the SUV market from $20-$60K and everything bad I read about the Escape is worse in cars costing much more. The 2011 has a great interior and the Limited has everything you could ask for.

JUNK nothing but JUNK
By Found on ROAD DEAD on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great looking SUV but its NO "Honda". It's just in the shop almost every other week. Engine, transmission, electrical, my stomach just gets in knots every time I drive it. Thank GOD! I have a LOVING DAD that's there for me.

6 cyl, but that wasn't an option
By Al in Syracuse on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this vehicle for about a month. So far, very good purchase. However, gas mileage is WAY below advertised mileage. Average is 19.5, but highway highest at 22 and only 18 in city. Some build quality issues that I hope to get resolved when I return to the dealership. Passenger side mud guard behind rear wheel doesn't even come close to fitting properly.

Love it
By chpoz on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have no complaints with my limited v-6. It has every whistle/bell that I want. It all works perfectly. The ride is good and quiet with comfort. I think edmunds reviews missed the boat or they prefer a new design each and every year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Great vehicle on my part.

Gutless and gas guzzler
By drhart416 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I regret not getting the V6. The 4 cyl is a bit noisy for my liking. The torque is not what it should be either. I dont really notice great gas mileage. I'll fill up and drive 60 miles and the fuel tank is already down to 3/4 full. I've figured it out to be about 7 Liters per 100 KM (hopefully you can translate this into miles per gallon). I hope this improves as the car gets "broken in". Right now, it's got about 4000 miles on it.

Steppin Up
By Hammertime on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded my 2010 XLS for an XLT with the Sun and Sync package. So far it has been a good purchase. Great deal, the 2011 seems to be smoother and quieter than the 2010. Love the Sync system and the fuel economy. The 4 cyl is surprisingly powerful. I don't think Edmunds reviews give this vehicle a fair shake. Test drive it and I am sure you will be surprised!

Don't listen to the critics!
By LuvMyEscape on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great car. I have the XLT with V-6, and I average 28 mpg, but at the same time, when I need pick up or just want to have fun, this is a great vehicle to drive. The interior is comfortable and very quiet. I haven't had any problems with braking distances. Frankly, I'm not sure if the Edmunds reviewers drove the same car, or if someone was just having a bad day when they did the test drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Escape in VA is:

$124 per month*