2011 Ford Escape
By jeff_56 on
2011 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I would not reccomend this vehicle to anyone. I have less than 10,000 miles on it and it has been in the shop three times, once to replace the rack and pinon, twice for a dead spot in the gas peddal. This car is dangerous to drive. Oh, and the dealer and Ford motor co say this is normal. This car is dangerous to drive. Do not put yourself in teh same situation I am in.
Favorite Features
The Sync system
Suggested Improvements
Fix the acceleration problem
By babbs3
on 12/19/11 11:45 AM (PST)

Hey Jeff56 I think you are the fella that also had a 2010 Fusion (me too). I sold mine back to dealer but this time I leased a 2011 Escape. Well I am also NOT impressed with it. I only have 2400 miles on it and the mpg stinks. The so called system check feature is a big joke. The oil life feature claims 46% oil life left HUH? Less than 400 miles has been driven in 'city' and the rest were freeway. How can this be? I drive on non dirt roads, don't sit and idle, do not speed, and keep it in the garage. Now I fear that Ford is going to MAKE me change this oil early and I don't know how to dispute it. How did you find out the rack& pinion problem? The gas pedal dead spot? Oh and the tranny is not quite as problematic as the Fusion but it sure acts confused at times (revs and balks) Hope you have a shorter time to go on your trade in or lease end than I do (mine is 2013) You answered well for me before on the Fusion.....any thoughts on this hunk?