2011 Ford Escape - Lemon
By fedup31 on
2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased end of June 2011 brand new. Has been in the shop 4 times for back window leaking, 2 times for struts and 4 times now because of stalling, and transmission problems. Car just loses power, bumps hard and goes dead. Was in the shop 12 days, Ford put a new throttle body on it gave it back on Friday afternoon. Monday morning the same thing happen. Rev's up, loses power, booms and goes dead. This car is not safe to drive. Going today and start LEMON law process. Don't buy one.
By munkaman
on 08/03/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

These escapes with a 4 cylinder are DOGS! Lousy transmissions, rotten gas mileage, don't buy FORD!

By bearbones
on 03/17/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

My 2011 6 CYL 4WD had to have the throttle body assembly replaced (did some research - this is a common problem with this model Escape; causes the car to idle rough and sometimes stall out; there's an ongoing investigation as to whether Ford should be recalling this vehicle). I bought the car brand new in Feb. 2012, and the TBA was replaced Feb. 2012. Yesterday, had to have the car towed to Ford, and I guess it's transmission problems now. Waiting for the dealership to call with the results. The fact that all repairs have been/will be done under warranty doesn't make me feel better. This is a new car!! I'll be registering my complaint with Ford Canada. I do NOT want this car anymore - it's dangerous!

By maureenwood
on 09/12/12 05:31 AM (PDT)

What ever you do do NOT use the BBB's Auto Line arbitration for your lemon law claim! You will lose. I lost mine. The arbitrator lied, missed deadlines and left out three repairs made to my vehicle in his decision. I know two other people who have also lost their case using the BBB Auto Line.

By mamallama
on 01/17/13 15:27 PM (PST)

I just had my 2011 6 cyl AWD towed to the dealer today with transmission problems only 19,000. Still waiting for them to call me back.

By bearbones
on 03/17/13 11:12 AM (PDT)

Whoops - TBA was replaced Feb. 2013.

By fedup35
on 05/29/13 19:23 PM (PDT)

Well Maureenwood was right on May 28, 2013 I lost by case with the BBB against Ford on my Escape. 1st Arbitration was April 8 and Ford did not show up, 2nd Arbitration was April 29. Arbitrator found that my car has been in shop for repairs with Transmission clunking, stalling out and surging 8 times for a total of 46 days. Due to the "lemon rights acts period" of 1 year or 12,000 miles we loose. Filed an Appeal because of the 2009 revision in the GA. Law stating that the lemon law rights period is 2 years, 24,000 miles I still loose because after the final repair attempt (which ford did nothing but drive the car) the car did not act up, however it's still acting up. My Arbitraor did not even know the law. This is like saying me saying the cars Blue and Ford saying its Red. Well since I am STUCK with the car it's back to shop. Still have 30,000 warrantity and THEY WILL FIX THE CAR.