2011 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
2011 Ford Escape - Lemon
By fedup31 on 07/23/12 08:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased end of June 2011 brand new. Has been in the shop 4 times for back window leaking, 2 times for struts and 4 times now because of stalling, and transmission problems. Car just loses power, bumps hard and goes dead. Was in the shop 12 days, Ford put a new throttle body on it gave it back on Friday afternoon. Monday morning the same thing happen. Rev's up, loses power, booms and goes dead. This car is not safe to drive. Going today and start LEMON law process. Don't buy one.

Lags behind competition, some reliability issues
By jdac on 07/21/12 17:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this because we like the design. Whether or not it is dated is subjective. My wife can actually see out of it without blind spots. Reliability issues: Transmission "flashed" several times but it still clunks into drive when cold and has a dead spot around 2500rpm. Shifts can be irratic. Rear window seals replaced to fix water leak. Front end links (bushings) have been replaced 3x to solve clunking noises over bumps. Struts replaced twice to resolve combined front end soft/mushy handling. Round 4 for the same early symptoms. Sync is very problematic with many different phones. Dealer now reporting this is all 'normal.' Several aftermkt fixs for known issues above!

Run far far away from this vehicle!
By undertakeress on 05/07/12 22:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad worked for Ford, and I have owned nothing but Fords my whole life.. I leased this in April 2011 and am counting the days til it is expired. The transmission is HORRIBLE - I'ts been in the shop 4 times and nothing has been fixed. It jumps gears and feels like you've been in a big accident - I almost hit my head on the steering wheel! Vibration at idle at stoplights or drive thru's is horrid, and you can hear the ticking when you start it up. I don't know why this has not been recalled. Every person that I talk to at my job at an auto parts store that has a 4Cyl Escape 09-11 has the SAME issues! Get it together Ford!

Best Car
By lazeejjs on 03/02/12 13:53 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Previous car was a subaru legacy. This 6 c. 2011 Escape runs circles around the Subaru. The power is extemely impressive with the smooth 5 speed automatic. I live in heavy snow country and the all wheel drive with snow tires makes it unstoppable; no real end swing, no tires spinning, just fast efficient snow gripping immediately. Economy is 30 MPG on the highway which is 90 percent of my driving.

Exactly what I expected
By ml500owner on 01/14/12 09:27 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the base model 2WD, 5 spd. manual. So far no problems. It has been excellent for going back and forth to work and some highway driving. It is comfortable to drive and has good power. I get 24.5 MPG in town according to the car computer and 23.5 when I calculate myself. Either way better than a lot of SUV's.

2011 Ford Escape
By jeff_56 on 11/28/11 14:39 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would not reccomend this vehicle to anyone. I have less than 10,000 miles on it and it has been in the shop three times, once to replace the rack and pinon, twice for a dead spot in the gas peddal. This car is dangerous to drive. Oh, and the dealer and Ford motor co say this is normal. This car is dangerous to drive. Do not put yourself in teh same situation I am in.

performance
By llf2 on 09/12/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2011 now had 1800 mi. From the time I took delivery until now it has a vibration when idling in drive waiting for a traffic light. I've had many 4 cyl cars and never had this problem. I don't know if its a wrong idle speed or maybe a transmission problem. I'll be seeing the dealer soon. I pointed this out to the dealer when I took delivery and he said give it awhile. If he can solvethis problem then I'll be happy.

I dunno about the other guys, but I love my Escape!
By codeglia on 08/30/11 01:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

In the few months that I've had my 2011 Escape XLT, I cannot say enough about how great it is! The short story is that it is comfortable, handles like a dream, is equipped with all that I was looking for (and more), and the power from the 3.0 V6 surprised the heck outta me the other day, while merging onto the freeway going UPHILL! Plus, I've easily averaged over 30mpg on freeway trips! As far as having to remove the three headrests before being able to lower the rear seatback (to flatten-out the cargo space and make it larger)... I simply removed them when I first got the vehicle and left them out. Ford continues to make the best and highest-quality cars you can get... bar none!

Escaping
By reviewing on 08/12/11 21:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I decided to wait until I had at least a few miles on the odometer before writing a review and now with 6k I can give a good overview. The Escape has proven to be a charming little SUV capable on and off road with certain limitations. It is built almost like the SUV's of yesteryear (think bronco) but with modern amenities and components. With only 4, it has kept well on the road including mountain driving and keeps up 70 to 80 with ease. Seats although comfortable become hard after a long haul however. Interior is built precisely for this kind of truck, modern yet simple and good looking, Light offloading handled with ease. For a family of 4 and coming from a bigger SUV has been fine.

I love my Escape!
By isolusine on 08/02/11 07:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'd give my Escape a 5/5 but I have only had it a month so I can't speak to the reliability yet. I absolutely love it. I love the look of the inside & outside, it drives great and I am getting better gas mileage than I expected. So far in the first month I have gotten 28.5-29.9 mpg, with it increasing every time I go to the gas station! My commute is an hour each way, some city some highway, and it is definitely exceeding my expectations! It is quiet, the AC is quiet and works great, and I haven't had any of the leaking or initial quality issues others have listed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*