Used 2011 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Loved it at first not sure now
By bmeg2012

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Ford Escape V6 AWD Limited Edition may 2012. I did great until the mileage hit 48000. While on my way to work one morning the transmission went out and left me sitting in the middle of the 4-lane with no gears. I finally was able to get in the low and get a wide spot to get off the road. We took it to he ford dealership and left it for 4 days only to be told that their is nothing wrong with it. This was 3 weeks ago. The transmission is still slipping horrible and this afternoon my RPM's went to 5000 before it shifted gears. It is still under my powertrain warranty but they won't fix it. Ford needs to do something it is not safe to drive this way.

Saved my life
By doublepug

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2011 Escape Limited used in March 2012. This was my primary vehicle, first SUV I've owned and I absolutely loved it. In late October, I and 3 family members were involved in a terrible car accident that totaled my Escape. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and I can say with absolute certainty that had we been in any other vehicle we likely would not have survived. The side curtain airbags deployed on impact and even though the front axle was cracked, my husband was able to steer the car to safety. It even called 911 for us and reported our exact location to the operator. I miss my Escape every day. If your top priority is safety, this is the car for you.

Side curtain airbags Sound system Sunroof

Larger cupholders

2011 Ford Escape
By widrick

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had a great experience at Grappone Ford. I had a 2005 ford escape and decided to trade it in. After driving the 2011 Escape with the new inline 4 engine, I was amazed. I truely love driving this vehicle. So reliable a vehicle, I recommend it to anyone looking for a great ride in comfort.

The radio controls on the steering wheel is great. Seats are very comfortable. The satellite radio is a little weird but trying the 6 months of free...then decide.

None...just a great vehicle

The Good, Bad and the Ugly
By student4life

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Second Ford Excape after our first one (2010) was involved in an accident that wrote it off, but it saved my families life, hence the second one which is a 2011. We like the vehicle, and have the V6, which has more power than people expect. It's kind of rough around the edges, loud road noise and engine, and drives kind of like my jeep YJ used to in many ways. It's not as refined as I expected, but on the plus side, it's small and easy enough to park and manouver in traffic, build quality is superb, had original transmission issues which we're fixed under warranty, and the rear hatch doesnt open all the time (needs to see dealer). Overall quite happy though.

Build Quality, very peppy V6, great size for parking, easy to drive. It's a good looking vehicle and quick and easy to keep clean, not alot of fancy exterior cosmetic obstacles to clean, nice smooth bodywork. Roomy enough for a family of 4, and the all wheel drive is amazing in the winter.

Should have got the 4 cylinder, as my wife and I put alot of Km's on it. But it's not hard on gas by any means. More driving refinement would be nice in terms of a quieter engine and road noise. Other than that, quite happy.

Great compact SUV
By andyman2

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Escape Limited 4cyl 4wd, I was hesitant about buying a 4cyl, but I'm happy with it. The power is ok, I knew it wasn't a power house going into the purchase. The gas mileage is decent especially being a 4wd. It handles well in snow. I've read many write about a vibration when idling, and mine has the same annoying vibration but it goes away when the vehicle is warm and it is only really an issue in cold weather for me. The only thing I wish I could change is the heated seats only have one setting. My old car had a high and low, and I was able to always have it on low and the one setting in the Escape does not allow me to do that because sometimes it becomes too hot.

Great storage