Used 2011 Ford Escape XLT SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2011 Ford Escape sever rust issuers & repair bills
By Izaak

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2011 Ford Escape brand new one owner , this vehicle has rusted out under the vehicle , gas tank rusted and wheel wells, and tire rims, muffler, drive shalf basically I need a new car. I still,have 5 payments left owing on this vehicle. It will Cost 3600.00 and they were afraid when they start taking it apart I would have more expense , I was told to take it trade it in, start over. My opinion this vehicle should of had a recall on it. Ford has seen a lot of this and it would cost them a lot to do a recall . I paid 30.000.00 dollars and basically said to me go buy another one, this vehicle is no longer worth putting money in to fixing it. My air condition went out , and water gets in the door front passenger and they told me that is normal keeps it from flooding their new design. My vehicle is sitting in Ford's shop , and I have to sit and wait for them to keep passing the buck and fiqure what to do because their protocol want let them go over their managers head. Their manager that they contacted has declined their letters, and pictures. Refuse to pay for their mistakes, all reviews I am reading on rust issuers , Ford should stand behind their product and support their customers. I am out of a vehicle at this point, paid 30.000.00 dollars for a vehicle to last me 5 years .
Mark Fields President of Ford, and Phil Perry executive , you can not get in touch with them.
I was told to write them a letter. Really we all know how that will go. As if the president is going to take the time to read millions of letters everyday.
Managers at the dealer shops have been very supported to me, trying, calling, sending pictures . They have a protocal they have to go by. It's up to me now to go out and report this so no one else gets burn like I did. I was very hurt and disappointed in Ford not excepting the dealerships managers letters 2 letters and pictures, and they would not even give me a reason why. Just no help in repairing this rust problem. They wouldn't give me a explanation or a reason. 30.000.00 6 year vehicle load hard work paying it back and couldn't even give me a call or a explanation . Talk about hurt, frustrated, upset disappointed I was shock.
Dealer ship manger at Ford was shock as well. Safety of gas running out of my vehicle and smell on inside due to rust put my family in danger when driving.

Escape the problems
By Ralph Genova

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very reliable vehicle. Didn't do anything other than routine maintenance for the entire time I owned the vehicle.

Escape Does It All
By truth1hurts

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Escape is a dream and a much welcomed relief from our endless anxiety with an inferior product, a 2008 Jeep Patriot 5-Speed Manual. This Escape has great styling, spacious interior and far better visibility with its surround glass than the substandard design of the Patriot. We took it on a 1,600 mile trip in 2013 and never sweated. The 4 cylinder motor gives you good power on uphill roads and it comes with better tires than our former lemon. I would highly recommend the Escape and/our dealership as Ford has better customer service and attitudes towards their customers. The escape lets you "escape" the city jungle and is great in the outdoors and is very reliable.

We like the more comfortable interior features and especially the cabin where the instrument dashboard does not jutt out in your face like the Patriot. The driver seat electronic adjustment and side view mirror defrosters are a nice feature as with the cruise control. It's no wonder Ford Escapes are so popular. This is the 2d Escape we've owned and will never buy another Jeep.

There were some minor glitches in the Sync and microphone (place on the rear view mirror) as it was weak so they installed an external microphone close to the driver's window. There should be 2 microphones in the front; one embedded in the dashboard close to the driver and the other one on the opposite side. Otherwise, no complaints..... Kerwin Maude, Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada

The Good, Bad and the Ugly
By student4life

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Second Ford Excape after our first one (2010) was involved in an accident that wrote it off, but it saved my families life, hence the second one which is a 2011.
We like the vehicle, and have the V6, which has more power than people expect.
It's kind of rough around the edges, loud road noise and engine, and drives kind of like my jeep YJ used to in many ways.
It's not as refined as I expected, but on the plus side, it's small and easy enough to park and manouver in traffic, build quality is superb, had original transmission issues which we're fixed under warranty, and the rear hatch doesnt open all the time (needs to see dealer).
Overall quite happy though.

Build Quality, very peppy V6, great size for parking, easy to drive. It's a good looking vehicle and quick and easy to keep clean, not alot of fancy exterior cosmetic obstacles to clean, nice smooth bodywork. Roomy enough for a family of 4, and the all wheel drive is amazing in the winter.

Should have got the 4 cylinder, as my wife and I put alot of Km's on it. But it's not hard on gas by any means. More driving refinement would be nice in terms of a quieter engine and road noise. Other than that, quite happy.

Apprehensive
By sparkywatts

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 2011 Escape XLT with the 3.0L, 6 cyl.
It says 4 WD.
6 speed AT. Purchased Dec 2010.
I love the "boxyness" and visibility.
I did not want a cushy car or AWD.
It rides hard but I do not mind.
I wanted a small 4 wheel drive vehicle.
I am concerned about the transmission and 4 wheel drive capability.
The transmission broke 2 days after purchasing the vehicle new.
75 miles.
Ford said it was a simple fix but took 10 days to fix.
It still whines and has a vibration.
Ford says that it is normal.
I wanted the 4 WD to go on the beach but I am worried.
This is replacing a 4WD 1 ton pick up so I am not use to the new vehicles.
Can I use the Escape on the beach?

Looks. Functional. Good visibility after removing rear head rest. Stiff ride.

The new style looks like the Equinox. Go back to the box look. Make a small durable 4 wheel drive.