2011 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Escape Does It All
By truth1hurts on 03/07/14 08:40 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Escape is a dream and a much welcomed relief from our endless anxiety with an inferior product, a 2008 Jeep Patriot 5-Speed Manual. This Escape has great styling, spacious interior and far better visibility with its surround glass than the substandard design of the Patriot. We took it on a 1,600 mile trip in 2013 and never sweated. The 4 cylinder motor gives you good power on uphill roads and it comes with better tires than our former lemon. I would highly recommend the Escape and/our dealership as Ford has better customer service and attitudes towards their customers. The escape lets you "escape" the city jungle and is great in the outdoors and is very reliable.

The Good, Bad and the Ugly
By student4life on 01/17/13 05:34 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Second Ford Excape after our first one (2010) was involved in an accident that wrote it off, but it saved my families life, hence the second one which is a 2011. We like the vehicle, and have the V6, which has more power than people expect. It's kind of rough around the edges, loud road noise and engine, and drives kind of like my jeep YJ used to in many ways. It's not as refined as I expected, but on the plus side, it's small and easy enough to park and manouver in traffic, build quality is superb, had original transmission issues which we're fixed under warranty, and the rear hatch doesnt open all the time (needs to see dealer). Overall quite happy though.

Apprehensive
By sparkywatts on 08/30/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 2011 Escape XLT with the 3.0L, 6 cyl. It says 4 WD. 6 speed AT. Purchased Dec 2010. I love the "boxyness" and visibility. I did not want a cushy car or AWD. It rides hard but I do not mind. I wanted a small 4 wheel drive vehicle. I am concerned about the transmission and 4 wheel drive capability. The transmission broke 2 days after purchasing the vehicle new. 75 miles. Ford said it was a simple fix but took 10 days to fix. It still whines and has a vibration. Ford says that it is normal. I wanted the 4 WD to go on the beach but I am worried. This is replacing a 4WD 1 ton pick up so I am not use to the new vehicles. Can I use the Escape on the beach?

I love my Escape!
By isolusine on 08/02/11 07:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'd give my Escape a 5/5 but I have only had it a month so I can't speak to the reliability yet. I absolutely love it. I love the look of the inside & outside, it drives great and I am getting better gas mileage than I expected. So far in the first month I have gotten 28.5-29.9 mpg, with it increasing every time I go to the gas station! My commute is an hour each way, some city some highway, and it is definitely exceeding my expectations! It is quiet, the AC is quiet and works great, and I haven't had any of the leaking or initial quality issues others have listed.

Three and counting
By escaper2 on 06/10/11 10:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Starting in 2005 with my first Escape, then with my 2008 escape I have to admit this 2011 I just bought is the best of all. Most of the "Bugs" have been worked out. The Michelin tires on this one are a first for me. The road noise so evident in the other two is gone now and I attribute that to the tires. Sync is okay, I'm a old guy at 61 and pretty much know where I am going. Perhaps it will help when I become senile? I do miss the compartment in the back under the carpet for the "extra" junk we all carry but never use. I finally got the moon roof and the fog lights. Very pleasant additions. The service department at my dealer is fantastic. The 2011 Escape is well worth the price.

Detailed review
By viper5333 on 03/07/11 11:04 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As an owner of many SUV's, I feel qualified to provide a helpful review. I was worried about 4 cyl., but so far its pep has been a pleasant surprise. It has plenty of zip to merge safely onto freeways; it maintains 70 MPH with ease up steep grades. As a trade off, the tranny is noisy through first 3 gears. It makes an odd noise if you jump on the throttle from a stop. Once at cruise it is quiet. The front seats are awesome...don't know how Ford did it, but feels like the seats have their own suspension. Fuel economy is great...almost 30MPG on freeway. The Sync system is best built-in voice command system I have tried...and I have used many. It does have a few quirks...mentioned bellow

Passenger Side Air bag malfunction?
By cdooley on 03/05/11 18:22 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Ford Escape (now driving the new 2011). I love how it drives. However, my passenger side-air bag keeps defaulting to "off" even when I am sitting in the passenger side!!! I am about a 105# female and I read the owner's manual. It says it is designed to disable (will not inflate) when believing an infant is in the front seat. I am NOT an infant! I have had it in to 2 different dealerships (one while traveling) to have it looked at. I'm now told I am jut not 'heavy enough for it to register my weight.' I just leased this thing in December. Not happy!!!

4 CYL FWD seems good so far
By kcmh on 03/02/11 06:12 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased one last week from the Dayton, Ohio area. Drove back to Columbus and already like the car so far. Front seats are comfy and plenty of room. 4 CYL is pretty small for it so don't expect a lot of power but the 6-speed auto will make up for it. Cargo space is pretty good. I packed in a golf bag (Staff bag) with fire gear and still had room. And was able to use the cargo cover still Sync system kinda hard to use, and turn by turn directions calls a phone number to use. Thats odd.

Gutless and gas guzzler
By drhart416 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I regret not getting the V6. The 4 cyl is a bit noisy for my liking. The torque is not what it should be either. I dont really notice great gas mileage. I'll fill up and drive 60 miles and the fuel tank is already down to 3/4 full. I've figured it out to be about 7 Liters per 100 KM (hopefully you can translate this into miles per gallon). I hope this improves as the car gets "broken in". Right now, it's got about 4000 miles on it.

Steppin Up
By Hammertime on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded my 2010 XLS for an XLT with the Sun and Sync package. So far it has been a good purchase. Great deal, the 2011 seems to be smoother and quieter than the 2010. Love the Sync system and the fuel economy. The 4 cyl is surprisingly powerful. I don't think Edmunds reviews give this vehicle a fair shake. Test drive it and I am sure you will be surprised!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*