Used 2011 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Would not buy a Ford Escape again.
By Kimberly

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

In 2010 I purchased my first new car...a brand new, 2011, Ford Escape. I thought it was amazing at first! We had minor issues here and there but overall I loved it. The four wheel drive and handling was great, it was sporty looking for an SUV, and had pretty good gas mileage for being an SUV. The interior was comfy with heated seats and interior lights you could change the color of.

However, 4.5 years later there is hundreds of dollars worth of visibile rust damage in both rear wheel wells that customer service has told me will not be covered under their 5 year rust warranty. Therefore, the value of the car and resale value has dropped significantly along with my faith that I purchased a quality product.

Smart buy
By Eugene Brinkley

2011 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this has been and still is a great car. would recommend anyone to buy this model.

DO NOT BUY!!!
By Preston Larson

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife bought this car brand new in 2011. Worked great for 3 years and 1 month. 3 weeks after our 3 year warranty expired the back left window regulator went out. Ford would not replace it so we had to have it replaced for $200. One month later the back right window regulator went out. Soon after that the AC went out. And just recently the sun roof stopped opening and closing. We have owned this car for 4.5 years and have had to get more things fixed then any car I have ever owned. The car looks nice and drives fine in my opinion but the cost to own it is ridiculous. I will never buy an escape or a ford for that matter ever again.

Noisy and poor transmission
By mvirgolici

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm working in automotive industry as engineer for the last 30 years. I bought this new 2011 Escape in Canada for my wife as she liked it during the driving test. I wouldn't buy it for myself. The car is noisy, a combination of engine, exhaust and poor sound insulation. I also knew from customer reviews that transmission for the 4 cyl engine is a concern. From day one, an average 4 times per week the transmission STRONGLY jerks when I reduce the speed below 25 miles per hour or shift in reverse at start. Canadian dealer tried to fix it without any luck, now living in US the Americans tried as well, they just gave up saying by loading the latest shift software there is nothing else to do.

The cargo when rear seats are folded is excellent.

None, after so many hundreds of thousands of vehicles on such a popular car if Ford was not able to build a reliable transmission that is a big problem. I recommend to stay away of buying the 4 cyl version. It will annoy you all the time the transmission jerks.

Escape Does It All
By truth1hurts

2011 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Escape is a dream and a much welcomed relief from our endless anxiety with an inferior product, a 2008 Jeep Patriot 5-Speed Manual. This Escape has great styling, spacious interior and far better visibility with its surround glass than the substandard design of the Patriot. We took it on a 1,600 mile trip in 2013 and never sweated. The 4 cylinder motor gives you good power on uphill roads and it comes with better tires than our former lemon. I would highly recommend the Escape and/our dealership as Ford has better customer service and attitudes towards their customers. The escape lets you "escape" the city jungle and is great in the outdoors and is very reliable.

We like the more comfortable interior features and especially the cabin where the instrument dashboard does not jutt out in your face like the Patriot. The driver seat electronic adjustment and side view mirror defrosters are a nice feature as with the cruise control. It's no wonder Ford Escapes are so popular. This is the 2d Escape we've owned and will never buy another Jeep.

There were some minor glitches in the Sync and microphone (place on the rear view mirror) as it was weak so they installed an external microphone close to the driver's window. There should be 2 microphones in the front; one embedded in the dashboard close to the driver and the other one on the opposite side. Otherwise, no complaints..... Kerwin Maude, Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada