2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Loved it at first not sure now
By bmeg2012 on 07/09/13 18:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Ford Escape V6 AWD Limited Edition may 2012. I did great until the mileage hit 48000. While on my way to work one morning the transmission went out and left me sitting in the middle of the 4-lane with no gears. I finally was able to get in the low and get a wide spot to get off the road. We took it to he ford dealership and left it for 4 days only to be told that their is nothing wrong with it. This was 3 weeks ago. The transmission is still slipping horrible and this afternoon my RPM's went to 5000 before it shifted gears. It is still under my powertrain warranty but they won't fix it. Ford needs to do something it is not safe to drive this way.

Saved my life
By doublepug on 04/08/13 06:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2011 Escape Limited used in March 2012. This was my primary vehicle, first SUV I've owned and I absolutely loved it. In late October, I and 3 family members were involved in a terrible car accident that totaled my Escape. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and I can say with absolute certainty that had we been in any other vehicle we likely would not have survived. The side curtain airbags deployed on impact and even though the front axle was cracked, my husband was able to steer the car to safety. It even called 911 for us and reported our exact location to the operator. I miss my Escape every day. If your top priority is safety, this is the car for you.

Great compact SUV
By andyman2 on 01/06/13 02:16 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Escape Limited 4cyl 4wd, I was hesitant about buying a 4cyl, but I'm happy with it. The power is ok, I knew it wasn't a power house going into the purchase. The gas mileage is decent especially being a 4wd. It handles well in snow. I've read many write about a vibration when idling, and mine has the same annoying vibration but it goes away when the vehicle is warm and it is only really an issue in cold weather for me. The only thing I wish I could change is the heated seats only have one setting. My old car had a high and low, and I was able to always have it on low and the one setting in the Escape does not allow me to do that because sometimes it becomes too hot.

performance
By llf2 on 09/12/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2011 now had 1800 mi. From the time I took delivery until now it has a vibration when idling in drive waiting for a traffic light. I've had many 4 cyl cars and never had this problem. I don't know if its a wrong idle speed or maybe a transmission problem. I'll be seeing the dealer soon. I pointed this out to the dealer when I took delivery and he said give it awhile. If he can solvethis problem then I'll be happy.

I bought the wrong SUV!
By laobunlee on 06/11/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got the V6 Limited FWD model (2 weeks old). The power is bad (quickness) especially the 1st and 2nd gear that you really have to step on the gas just to feel the power. I think it's just a bad gearing ratio on the 1st - 2nd gear. I think my '06 Nissan Altima 2.5 (4 speed AT) has a better power (quickness) and better gearing ratios. I'd really love to trade this SUV to a GMC Terrain.

Love it
By chpoz on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have no complaints with my limited v-6. It has every whistle/bell that I want. It all works perfectly. The ride is good and quiet with comfort. I think edmunds reviews missed the boat or they prefer a new design each and every year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Great vehicle on my part.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Escape in VA is:

$117 per month*