Used 2011 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2011 Ford Escape sever rust issuers & repair bills
By Izaak

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2011 Ford Escape brand new one owner , this vehicle has rusted out under the vehicle , gas tank rusted and wheel wells, and tire rims, muffler, drive shalf basically I need a new car. I still,have 5 payments left owing on this vehicle. It will Cost 3600.00 and they were afraid when they start taking it apart I would have more expense , I was told to take it trade it in, start over. My opinion this vehicle should of had a recall on it. Ford has seen a lot of this and it would cost them a lot to do a recall . I paid 30.000.00 dollars and basically said to me go buy another one, this vehicle is no longer worth putting money in to fixing it. My air condition went out , and water gets in the door front passenger and they told me that is normal keeps it from flooding their new design. My vehicle is sitting in Ford's shop , and I have to sit and wait for them to keep passing the buck and fiqure what to do because their protocol want let them go over their managers head. Their manager that they contacted has declined their letters, and pictures. Refuse to pay for their mistakes, all reviews I am reading on rust issuers , Ford should stand behind their product and support their customers. I am out of a vehicle at this point, paid 30.000.00 dollars for a vehicle to last me 5 years .
Mark Fields President of Ford, and Phil Perry executive , you can not get in touch with them.
I was told to write them a letter. Really we all know how that will go. As if the president is going to take the time to read millions of letters everyday.
Managers at the dealer shops have been very supported to me, trying, calling, sending pictures . They have a protocal they have to go by. It's up to me now to go out and report this so no one else gets burn like I did. I was very hurt and disappointed in Ford not excepting the dealerships managers letters 2 letters and pictures, and they would not even give me a reason why. Just no help in repairing this rust problem. They wouldn't give me a explanation or a reason. 30.000.00 6 year vehicle load hard work paying it back and couldn't even give me a call or a explanation . Talk about hurt, frustrated, upset disappointed I was shock.
Dealer ship manger at Ford was shock as well. Safety of gas running out of my vehicle and smell on inside due to rust put my family in danger when driving.

Escape the problems
By Ralph Genova

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very reliable vehicle. Didn't do anything other than routine maintenance for the entire time I owned the vehicle.

Smart buy
By Eugene Brinkley

2011 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this has been and still is a great car. would recommend anyone to buy this model.

DO NOT BUY!!!
By Preston Larson

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife bought this car brand new in 2011. Worked great for 3 years and 1 month. 3 weeks after our 3 year warranty expired the back left window regulator went out. Ford would not replace it so we had to have it replaced for $200. One month later the back right window regulator went out. Soon after that the AC went out. And just recently the sun roof stopped opening and closing. We have owned this car for 4.5 years and have had to get more things fixed then any car I have ever owned. The car looks nice and drives fine in my opinion but the cost to own it is ridiculous. I will never buy an escape or a ford for that matter ever again.

Noisy and poor transmission
By mvirgolici

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm working in automotive industry as engineer for the last 30 years. I bought this new 2011 Escape in Canada for my wife as she liked it during the driving test. I wouldn't buy it for myself. The car is noisy, a combination of engine, exhaust and poor sound insulation. I also knew from customer reviews that transmission for the 4 cyl engine is a concern. From day one, an average 4 times per week the transmission STRONGLY jerks when I reduce the speed below 25 miles per hour or shift in reverse at start. Canadian dealer tried to fix it without any luck, now living in US the Americans tried as well, they just gave up saying by loading the latest shift software there is nothing else to do.

The cargo when rear seats are folded is excellent.

None, after so many hundreds of thousands of vehicles on such a popular car if Ford was not able to build a reliable transmission that is a big problem. I recommend to stay away of buying the 4 cyl version. It will annoy you all the time the transmission jerks.