Unfairly maligned?
By brikwil on
2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have owned 2 Explorers and now this Escape, and I simply don't understand any complaints about rear seat comfort. In particular, these vehicles have rear seats that are designed to create CARGO areas when they are not in use as seats. As such, I appreciate the fact that they don't recline or move fore/aft, etc. When I fold them flat, I want them to "disappear" and become cargo space, and that's exactly what they do. If my main purpose were to haul people around in my back seats, then I would buy a different vehicle, not an SUV. In the Equinox, the back seats fold down to an angle and do not create a sturdy, flat CARGO surface. That's not my idea of a "sport UTILITY vehicle."
Favorite Features
Sync is awesome. The exterior has earned me compliments from strangers, and the interior is the most sensible, practical, stylish yet easy-to-clean of any SUV I have owned so far. On mountainous terrain, I turn off overdrive and my Escape becomes Chitty- Chitty Bang-Bang and drives itself! GREAT!
Suggested Improvements
The rear door handles feel "cheap" - like they are not expected to last very long. Otherwise, I can't think of any complaints. LOVE this vehicle!