Throttle body
By gofish5998 on
2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Two weeks ago my wife bought an 2010 Escape with 39000 miles. The sensor on the throttle body went bad & left my wife setting along the road. The guy at the Ford garage said he had replaced five of them in the last two weeks & there probably won't be a recall. None of the Escapes had over 44,000 miles on them. Lucky she bought it from a local car lot & he took care of it.
Favorite Features
gas mileage, small but big enough, lots of power, love the sinc, bright light inside when you unlock it
Suggested Improvements
recall the throttle body
By pshortcrews
on 09/06/12 08:47 AM (PDT)

My husband company bought 8 of these cars brand new. 2 years later the company sells the cars to the employees. now that we own one. sadly to know that the car is olny 2 years old . 5 out of the 8 cars had this same problem. costing us $465.00 a pop. I totally agree this needs to be a RECALL!!!!!

By glejeune
on 01/02/14 14:28 PM (PST)

Bought my 2010 Escape brand new over 3 years ago, mostly garage kept and @ 45,000 miles had to replace the battery, @ 50,000 miles for $500.00,a throttle body,both with no warranty, and now @ 51,000 there is a transmission fluid leak on my slab. The 2004 Escape was a better car for me, I drove it 5 years with hardly no problems at all. Ford needs to "improve" their product, not the other way around.