2010 Ford Escape 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car. some quips

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great Car. some quips
By moonweyes on

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford Escape. I bought my first one used and ended up trading it in for a brand new one. I love this car! But I do have to say, the 4 cyl, even with its upgrades, does not beat a 6 cyl. The pick up is not as great as I am used to, so i have to compensate when accelerating onto the freeway. Also, the accelerator pedal doesn't always respond immediately - it seems to hesitate and then lurches a little - but only when I am doing under 20 mph. It's like the computer system goes into sleep mode at slow speed. Sync is new to me and it's great! Anyone who gets into my car cannot believe how roomy it is (I carpool, a lot). I see why they are used for cabs in San Francisco. No fires.

Favorite Features

Lots of leg room, gas level monitor, fun to drive, sound system on steering wheel, engine sound.

Suggested Improvements

Improve acceleration/pick-up. Have to remove center head rest in back to see out rear view mirror. Independent tire feature seems to make tires slip sometimes.