2010 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Fantastic All-around

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Fantastic All-around
By morikowulf on

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 2010 Ford Escape used, with just over 41,000 miles as a company vehicle. Aside from being well taken car of it's a good looking car, it has taken a few day long trips now over some of the mountain roads in Colorado, and I have even taken it on some 4x4 sport trails. The handling is great, and the ride is quite comfortable. The gas mileage is great, and the car is actually more compact than my friends Outback. This is a great vehicle overall, and a blast to drive!

The nylon fiber seating is fantastic, I have a husky/Shepherd mix, and the fabric is very easy to clean, the fur wipes off with no effort. Audio-in, I have been looking for a car that allows me to plug in my Droid for music, I don't like all of the iPod exclusive junk, it's already outdated.

The cargo area could use a little more space for a dog barrier, the lean on the seats takes away space from some of the fuller ones. For off-road this vehicle could use more clearance, it has enough to go on many jeep trails that you might find in the mountains. A better standard sound system, better than 4 speaker at least.