2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews 9

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
This Baby Is Awesome
By Rob Abraham on 01/16/10 11:24 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The ride is great, i can take quick turns and it holds really well. The exterior looks bold and solid. I love the Chrome Grills.

Fix or repair daily still holds true
By Designergal on 01/15/10 00:29 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle is very nice to drive, the color was perfect for me. I was so impressed with Ford, this vehicle was loaded and at a great price. I was in love, but that soon ended and we are about to break up. I purchased the car 11/09 and 2 weeks later the headliner started comming down. The wires on the rearview mirror are exposed and a loud chirping/howling noise began with each take off. Ford is aware of the nosie,but has not come up with a fix as of yet. When the repairs to the brand new 2010 are complete, I will run not walk to get rid of this cute little rip off of a car. The lady who said that the seats stain from just water is right.

2010 Ford Escape XLT FWD
By NDEMARTI on 01/14/10 09:31 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at/researched several small- mid size SUV's and pleased with our 12/22/09 purchase. We were not interested in cross over vehicles. I was coming from a Toyota RAV4. We did purchase leather seating and moonroof/sync pkg with Serius radio. The Escape handles well in the toughest road conditions (no annoying road noise), very comfortable and roomy. Have not found any con's yet. This is the first American vehicle we have purchased and obviously, highly recommend the Escape XKT.

The Escape was the best SUV for us!
By Bocaboy on 01/11/10 11:16 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am really impressed with our Escape. We chose it after comparing it to the Forester, RAV4 and CR-V. We liked the fact that the tailgate opened up and that the window was usable because of the tire being mounted underneath the car. The fit and finish are excellent and the car doesn't have a squeak or rattle in it. I really love Sync and think it is the best implementation of electronics of any car in this class. Ford really hit a home run in that area of the interior design. The exposed wiring at the back of the adjustable mirror and on the rear window are not worthy of the remaining workmanship that went into this car. Otherwise, this car is a terrific value and very well manufactured.

Escape from the lemon
By Sterling10 on 01/02/10 09:34 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Do not beleive the automotive press! They complain about the exterior and interior design, as well as driving dynamics...They are wrong! The exterior looks like an SUV should. The design is bold and chunky, not soft and overly curvaceous. The interior design is pleasing to look at and touch; plenty of soft touch plastic/vinyl in all the right places. The combination of colors (varying shades of tan and faux brushed aluminum) mix nicely with the overall layout and design of the instrument panel, center stack, and seating. The driving dynamics are a perfect compromise between car-like smooth and truck-like rough. Much better and quieter than my 2005 Mustang (the lemon)!

Escape Limited
By Ford guy on 01/01/10 18:33 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2010 Escape Limited 4 cylinder with 6A. Enough power when needed. No trouble passing on the interstate. Sounds underpowered compared to a V-6 but doesn't handle that way. Quiet interior and smooth ride. Sync is ok but I have not fully used it yet. Would be nice to know what it will cost when the three year trial is up. Goes through snow very well. At first I was concerned about the Michelin low resistant tires in the snow but they work fine.

Meets most expectations except MPG
By John O on 12/30/09 23:43 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased this vehicle and took it on its maiden highway voyage of 250 miles. The V6 3.0L engine was advertised at 21 mpg city/ 25 mpg Hwy, but I got only 23 mpg on my trip. The interior is roomy enough for 2 kids in the back. Yes, I know there's a 3rd rear seat, but it's hardly a full seat. And with fighting boys, I don't think all 3 would survive together in the back. Still, around town and to the baseball fields, they can sit comfortably for a while. SYNC is lots of fun but works sporadically with the iPhone 3G S. The blue-tooth wants to override the USB connection. In summary, great car with plenty of comfort, visibility, and power. MPG was lacking on my highway test.

Escape XLT 6 cyl
By Jay in LA on 12/30/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got the 6 cyl, Front wheel drive (that choice isn't on the menu here). I'm coming from a '07 Mercedes GL350 and I have to say, this ain't bad at all. It's peppy, manageable, smooth, comfortable and pretty quiet. Easy to drive, easy to park. Still am working out the SYNC audio, but it seems pretty cool. Though I have my reservations about anything Microsoft since I'm a Mac guy. It doesn't seem very synergistic with my iPod and iPhone yet. I've only had it for 2 days so time will tell, but so far, so great!

Initial Review of New Vehicle
By First Impressions on 12/26/09 12:17 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 Ltd AWD. Bought this over RAV4. Excellent Sync features and controls on steering wheel. V6 and ride is smooth and quiet. Ground clearance a plus but easy to get into. Running boards not needed. Ergo is great. Love pentagon shaped side mirrors, give better depth near vehicle and w/ integral blindside mirrors. Six speed is smooth and vehicle feels very solid. Factory tow package unlike RAV4 which is prep package only. Sound system is awesome with Premium package and can read music directly from USB flash drive or MP3. Rebate, dealer discount and built in USA a plus over RAV4. Ford web site inventory search a plus, can see sticker for each vehicle in your area. Found good match.

Sweet!
By Allen M on 12/25/09 18:53 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We compared the Escape to the CRV, Rav 4, and the Mazda CX7. It was no contest. It offers more features, more power, smoother ride, and is easier to drive. The sync system is awesome! Plus, we got better financing and a better deal.