Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Dont Do It
By Philip B

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the worst Vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to drive. The Constant noise from the never ending high rev shifting (6speeds). The acceleration feels like you're pushing a tennis ball against the pedal. (nothing, nothing then bam, too much) Ford should be ashamed for producing such a pile of CRAP! Makes me sick to drive it!

Satellite radio, Blind spot mirrors. The rest can go.

Give up, Start over.

Happy to be back to Ford, so far
By FORDPOTTS

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Mid 30s male and have always driven smaller cars (ford escort, vw gti, honda fit, volvo s40) but the family is bigger so we need more room. looked at the new Tuscon, equinox, rogue, outback and cr-v. all nice cars but i liked the extra room in the escape, good gas mileage and hoping that its holds up like my escort. I was blown away by the sync system (why they don't push that more in commercials i don't know) and really like the interior. road noise low, its very comfortable to sit in, i like the small things (tells you miles till empty, temp outside, problems with car). not averaging mpg what they said yet but i need to drive it more. also, ford is giving great deals on this car.

SYNC. Wow, its so cool. I love the bluetooth audio so I stream music from 3g iphone's itunes or Pandora. My wife is so jealous. Love the roominess and look of interior, simple but sleek.

probably the same as all the other cars in this class, a little more hp, better mpg. Other than that nothing else i can think of, yet.

My 2010 escape caught on fire
By chris davis

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2010 ford escape and owned it for six months. We tried to start it and it caught on fire. The escape was a total loss. We liked it before it caught on fire. The dealer did a great job of getting us a car to drive in the meantime. Ford is who I am upset with. They did nothing for us. We lost about $4,000 on the fire. Ford gave us nothing and did nothing to keep us as a customer. I have been loyal to ford but I understand now that ford has no loyalty to its customers. Beware of engine fires in the 2010. It was a scary thing having your new car catch on fire. My wife still wakes up at night. There is no recalls on the ford for electrical fires. Beware

Fix the electrical problem and do something for customers that who's escape catches on fire.

Fun to Drive
By Dawn

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I used to drive a small sports car, but I decided I wanted something bigger, but not too big that I could handle. The Ford Escape Limited was the smallest Ford SUV. I was really surprised at how easy it is to handle. The ride is smooth. The interior looks awesome. I have the leather trim, sunroof and premium stereo. I've gone on two long trips in it and the ride was very comfortable. The gas mileage is okay. I have a V6 so I expect it to be along the same lines of any other SUV. I have the capless gas tank, a major plus. Everything in the interior is situated for comfort. I had to take it back to the dealer to fix a recall item, but problems otherwise.

Power, SYNC, heated seats, sport trim, cargo space, tinted windows, wide arm rest, premium stereo, overall interior display.

Glove box could be bigger but otherwise I think Ford got it right.

excellent car for money
By mike

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this for our daughter, although it is 4 cyl there is plenty of pep. Everyone prefers driving this over the other cars. Seats are great sync system is amazing. mileage is 22 city. surprising amount of leg room. looked at several others like rav4 and Honda but they were not even close. very happy.

sync, mirrors, seats