Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Ergonomics
By firefighter

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The instrument panel needs a complete overhaul. The compass and temperature readout can't be seen in the daylight hours. The display could be moved down and the air vent up. Think the engineer who designed this set up, slept through the ergonomics class. Other than that the vehicle has been a good buy. Have owned for 9 months and am well satisfied with the car.

seats and interior with the exception of the item mentioned above

redesign the radio, air vent, and compass/temp/clock read out, lower it so it can be read in the day time

Transmissions
By Jackieg328

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Ford I have owned and I am very disappointed with the performance of the car as well as the service (or lack thereof) that was given to me at Webb Ford, Indiana. There was a recall on a valve that was on the trans. After that was "fixed", the trans broke down. I took it to Webb where they told me nothing was wrong with it. I asked another mechanic to look at it, he agreed w/ me. It took 16 days to repair & I now have a rebuilt trans in a car with less 7,000 miles on it. Has anyone else experienced these problems with the car or with Webb Ford?

Air conditioning should be in the back seats. It gets hot back there.

Gas Mileage
By Staten Island,NY

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very happy with our new escape. Had a transmission recall already but very easy to fix. Don't believe the mileage they tell you that you'll get. I'm averaging 17 in town but did get 26.7 on the highway already. All in all, we're happy with it for the reasonable price we paid.

Roominess, quiet ride and side view mirrors.

Getting the mileage as advertised.

Dont Do It
By Philip B

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the worst Vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to drive. The Constant noise from the never ending high rev shifting (6speeds). The acceleration feels like you're pushing a tennis ball against the pedal. (nothing, nothing then bam, too much) Ford should be ashamed for producing such a pile of CRAP! Makes me sick to drive it!

Satellite radio, Blind spot mirrors. The rest can go.

Give up, Start over.

Happy to be back to Ford, so far
By FORDPOTTS

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Mid 30s male and have always driven smaller cars (ford escort, vw gti, honda fit, volvo s40) but the family is bigger so we need more room. looked at the new Tuscon, equinox, rogue, outback and cr-v. all nice cars but i liked the extra room in the escape, good gas mileage and hoping that its holds up like my escort. I was blown away by the sync system (why they don't push that more in commercials i don't know) and really like the interior. road noise low, its very comfortable to sit in, i like the small things (tells you miles till empty, temp outside, problems with car). not averaging mpg what they said yet but i need to drive it more. also, ford is giving great deals on this car.

SYNC. Wow, its so cool. I love the bluetooth audio so I stream music from 3g iphone's itunes or Pandora. My wife is so jealous. Love the roominess and look of interior, simple but sleek.

probably the same as all the other cars in this class, a little more hp, better mpg. Other than that nothing else i can think of, yet.

• SUV