Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Most Helpful|
I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Favorite Features

Sync,

Suggested Improvements

Different position for backseat cup holders. 6 disc cd for Limited Escape.

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

Favorite Features

The ride is really nice. My wife has a sportage and that feels too much like a car and it a rough ride. This rides more like a pickup truck IMO. The SYNC is cool, but would be better if I had the NAV system. Kia definitely has an easier user interface but SYNC can do a ton more.

Suggested Improvements

Ford...you really need to get your engines right or work on some QC. When people stop trusting a vehicle, they will not buy a car of that brand again. I know vehicles break down, but not on such a low mileage.

Stay Away!!!
By mountainleigh

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been a Toyota owner for years...and last year I bought an Escape. I did not have too many problems with it until I went to get the tranmission flushed about 3 weeks ago. The tranmission fluid was so black that the mechanic had to flush it twice costing me the price of 2 flushes. Anyway, he told me that the transmission could go at any time and that I should just sell the vehicle if I didnt want to spend $4000 on a new one. This is a 2010 with 75,000 miles on it! Needless to say, I traded it in this weekend for a Toyota Tacoma. I will NEVER buy another Ford again.

wish i never bought one :(
By usedtobeford

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased new in 2010. Brake issues at 40,000 km cost me $1000. Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420. Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath. Brakes shot again. Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed. Grand total of $1600+ Tax. For real!? might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to hyundai for a santa fe

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better customer service, it would be nice if Ford stood behind there products. I feel ripped off.

Tranny Troubles
By winter_driver

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new. Exactly the kind of vehicle I needed...big windows, AWD, fuel efficient, cargo space...just right for my cold climate. The 4-banger is fine around the city though it's a slow accelerator off the line and when merging into traffic. V6 was probably a better choice. 1st problem right away was a vibration at about 50 mph. Turned out to be an unbalanced drive shaft, which the dealer promptly corrected. Lots of tranny problems. Rebulit after 3-years. Problems returned less than a year later. Rebuilt again. Lots of similar stories online. When it works, I really like it, but deep down, I have little faith left in the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bought new...lots of value Great utility Big square windows Look like an SUV, not a jelly bean Great winter vehicle.