Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Uncertain if this was a good purchase...
By River

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it during employee pricing-so cheapest on market at time. I traded in my '07 V6 mustang- & I miss the power. Thought fuel efficiency would make up for it- but there's hardly a difference -engine has to rev harder to perform and eats up fuel to do it. And Braking is a joke! I braked suddenly in a parking lot & felt the vehicle skip before halting. It doesn't feel very safe to me! Interior looks alright, but not nearly so stylish as other SUVs. And a/c vents take a lot of fussing to re-adjust with 2 separate handles for each one. Storage area is good- but back seats are awkward to bring down. If I'd had more $$ I would've chosen a Kia Sorento.

Storage room. other than that - i wish i would've just waited and saved more for a better braking/safety and more stylish and functional interior and exterior.

SAFETY- While front brakes are disc - Rear brakes are only DRUM -- my vehicle does NOT come to a clean stop when needed. MAke SYNC standard - my vehicle didn't come with it and at first salesperson made it sound like you could add SYNC after market - which you can't!

I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Sync,

Different position for backseat cup holders. 6 disc cd for Limited Escape.

Ergonomics
By firefighter

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The instrument panel needs a complete overhaul. The compass and temperature readout can't be seen in the daylight hours. The display could be moved down and the air vent up. Think the engineer who designed this set up, slept through the ergonomics class. Other than that the vehicle has been a good buy. Have owned for 9 months and am well satisfied with the car.

seats and interior with the exception of the item mentioned above

redesign the radio, air vent, and compass/temp/clock read out, lower it so it can be read in the day time

Transmissions
By Jackieg328

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Ford I have owned and I am very disappointed with the performance of the car as well as the service (or lack thereof) that was given to me at Webb Ford, Indiana. There was a recall on a valve that was on the trans. After that was "fixed", the trans broke down. I took it to Webb where they told me nothing was wrong with it. I asked another mechanic to look at it, he agreed w/ me. It took 16 days to repair & I now have a rebuilt trans in a car with less 7,000 miles on it. Has anyone else experienced these problems with the car or with Webb Ford?

Air conditioning should be in the back seats. It gets hot back there.

Gas Mileage
By Staten Island,NY

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very happy with our new escape. Had a transmission recall already but very easy to fix. Don't believe the mileage they tell you that you'll get. I'm averaging 17 in town but did get 26.7 on the highway already. All in all, we're happy with it for the reasonable price we paid.

Roominess, quiet ride and side view mirrors.

Getting the mileage as advertised.