2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Ford lover soon to be Chevy Lover
By Debroid on 03/04/10 14:03 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Rear view Mirror has exposed wires. Get a chirp/squeak sound when stopped then the accelerate. Annoying!!! Was told that this is a characteristic of vehicle....funny! Noise louder then the radio. Headliner coming off back by hatch. Exposed brakes grab & make noises. Less road noise than the 2006 escape we had. Snyc/bluetooth great. I have been a Ford owner for years. Hope I don't have to crossover to Chevy.

Good overall, but has flaws
By Havlack on 03/02/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Here is the deal, I'm anal about cars. I notice every little thing that makes a noise and doesn't feel right. As a whole the car is pretty nice. Lots of features and a very good price. But there is a serious lack of detail in some areas. The interior finishes are poorly assembles. All the plastic components do not fit tight and constantly rattle. Tranny makes odd noise (hoot per TSB). Car was not aligned properly at the factor and dealership still hasn't got it right after 2 times car only has 5300 miles on it. Still not convinced Ford has it but getting there. Good points: nice design, reliable proven power train, lots of features for the money, lots of safety equipment, decent handling.

Bad Stereo
By Mark on 02/23/10 08:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Like the car except for 1 big thing. The stereo pops in and out of mono. Had a 2008 escape and drove in the same area and this was not an issue. According to Ford this is a signal strength issue and they cannot fix it. Dealer drove another 2010 and it did the same thing. Has really turned me against the car since it is very annoying and they do not plan on fixing it.

Traded a 1999 Grand cherokee V*
By Britta on 02/06/10 18:59 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just drove the V6 limited off the lot and 114 miles home. Love it. Ride smooth, have the Nave and its great. Coming from a V8 to V6 after 10 years and it accelerates great. More head room that the 2010 Grand Cherokee.

Thrilled Ford Escape owner
By DBSC on 02/05/10 23:18 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 Escape XLT V6, this SUV is fun to drive. I am in my mid 60's, this auto makes me feel like a teenager every time i get behind the wheel. Throttle response, power and agility are great, i have not enjoyed driving this much in decades. Ford has put comfort, power, performance and economy in a great package.

Mostly pretty happy with my Escape
By Dianne on 02/04/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was excited with the features and design of the 2010 Ford Escape. I am very pleased with the quality of the ride and new technology features. I have not had any luck with the SYNC lady though. She does not understand me when I make my requests to play music from my iPod, the only request I’ve been able to get through to her is “play all”. However, she is great with the phone calls. I was very disappointed to discover the exposed wires for the rearview mirror. Then when I looked closer, I saw the entire front edge of the headliner is detaching. Very poor finish on this part of the interior. Someone else mentioned a chirping noise when accelerating from a stopped positi

Love my Escape
By mariantques on 02/02/10 13:21 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in a loaded Chrysler Town & Country and I love the smaller car, easier to park (I haven't tried the auto park yet). Very comfortable warm seats, and quiet smooth ride. Our Chrysler had a lot of road noise. The sync system is superb and nav system has much more and better than I had in my Chrysler. The Escape handles extremely well and the brakes are not touchy. The car feels substantial and I feel very safe. My husband was a Porsche dealer and have driven Porsches, Mercedes and even a RR. The Escape is as much fun to drive as those were. We have driven 500 miles, mostly in town and are getting 24 MPG.

Ford is King
By HappyInTx on 02/02/10 08:37 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am a truck type guy and have owned Ford PU most of my life. I finally decided to downsize because of my age. I liked the Ford Fusion, but when I drove the Escape, I knew it was the one for me. Feels more like a truck, good view to the outside. It has proven to me that the 2.5L engine is all one really needs. I like the layout of the controls. While it has a lot of nice electronics Sync elements, I just can't find much use for it.

Does alot of things very well.
By Joe M on 01/17/10 10:08 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Well I've been driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 10 years and thought I'd get into something a bit smaller. This vehicle rocks. The Sync system is great so much fun. Sits nice and high. Seats are comfortable. Seems real solid. Been getting 18 miles to the gallon,and have not been on a highway yet,so that seems pretty good. Love the no cap on the gas tank. This limited has all kinds of neat stuff. Autopark is the coolest thing I've ever seen, and it works great. Overall I'm very happy.

This Baby Is Awesome
By Rob Abraham on 01/16/10 11:24 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The ride is great, i can take quick turns and it holds really well. The exterior looks bold and solid. I love the Chrome Grills.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape in VA is:

$116 per month*