Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Good SUV for your money
By Alex Povolotski on 05/06/10 11:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A very good car for your money and relatively fuel efficient. And if you don't mind getting the last year's model, you'll get almost $10,000 in discounts!!! On the good side, the exterior design with lots of chrome is a crowd winner. Interior is of good quality, nice fit & finish. You sit up high with great outward visibility. Controls are logically layed out. Seats are comfy. Fuel economy for 3.0L AWD and 6 speed auto averaged 12L/100km. The cabin is hushed but not noise-free. Engine is not growling under pressure, which is good. Suspension is tuned for comfort, eats up road imperfections well.

15500 mile review
By Nick on 04/26/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchase my Escape in November and have pounded the miles on it since then. The Escape is very surprisingly fun to drive. Merging, passing, and sudden maneuvers are actually FUN in this mini ute. My family fits comfortably with all of our gear in it. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with this car. I am defiantly loyal to the blue oval again after a few imports. You owe it to yourself to at least consider the Escape if you are in the market for a small ute. There have been some complaints I have read about the seats staining easy, I find that they clean beautifully with just a towel and a little bit of water. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, so I am always cleaning the seats! No stains yet!

Option Short Change
By Jack on 04/04/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ford has short changed options on this vehicle - NO FLOOR MATS as standard equipment! Other options are also missing too! Need to add some additional basic options, such as outside temp/floor mats/etc.

Escape Limited
By mld4 on 04/01/10 16:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have driven 6 weeks and 3,600 miles. So far, the vehicle is terrific. It takes time to fully understand the bells and whistles in the Limited. The "SYNC" is an excellent feature.

SUV and Road Construction..
By Ken on 03/26/10 23:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Love the SUV. I never thought about the pluses of a SUV when it seems like every road in the United States is being repaired. This thing will handle anything the orange barrels can dish out! Road noise, Very Low. Sync system works well. Read the Book.. Looks like a SUV, not like a car. Heat and Air great! Heat seats good for the back.. Systems Diagnosis Is super. Can't wait to drive through Kansas City I-35, King of the orange barrel interstate.

Love My Escape!
By Sharon on 03/25/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2010 Escape Limited and I love, love, love it! No regrets, and happy I bought it instead of leasing.

Better than the first one
By krbabble on 03/23/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What an upgrade from my 2003 Escape. Rides better. Better build quality. Better mileage. Love the SYNC system. So glad I did not back away from this car because of magazine reports.

My Silver 2010 Escape
By Mary on 03/22/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this truck! I traded in a 2004 Mustang for the truck after several treacherous winters. I wanted a more reliable, safer in the snow vehicle. I have always eyed the Escape while at the Ford dealer. And one test drive, I was sold. The tax free government program was a great purchase incentive.

Pulled the Trigger
By Vinny on 03/14/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After researching and test drive after test drive of other SUV's. (RAV4, CR-V, Forester, CX7) We came back to the Ford Escape. Wife liked the solid feel and the way the vehicle drove. We decided we have no use for the V6 so we went with the 2.5 4cyl automatic. Power is fine. Quiet and smooth. Recommend.

Excellent SUV
By Happy Escape Owner on 03/12/10 16:29 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a Toyota Highlander for my new Escape and have zero regrets. The amount of features for the price makes it a good buy. The Escape has a nice ride but also a firm, well-built feeling, and the six cylinder engine pulls the vehicle effortlessly. The interior is also quite nice and well appointed. In short, the Escape limited is a practical vehicle but has plenty of luxury features to make driving enjoyable.