Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Do not buy!
By rollysoc

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought March 2010. A month later developed chirping noise when accelerating from a stop. Ford said part of the AWD sensing system, could/ would not be fixed. In July, began to have starting problems (wouldn't turn over then would), took to dealer and they couldn't recreate trouble. 8/16/10 Wouldn't start and then did. Called dealer scheduled to bring in on 8/17/10. 8/17/10 It wouldn't start, towed to dealer. Reported to be a Process Control Unit (the brain). Picked up from dealer on 9/7/10 and on 9/9/10 it wouldn't start again. Towed to dealer again. 9/16/10 Traded in and bought another car, NOT a Ford. Dealer was great willing to work with me, Ford wouldn't. Found On Road Dead, so true.

Great Car. some quips
By moonweyes

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford Escape. I bought my first one used and ended up trading it in for a brand new one. I love this car! But I do have to say, the 4 cyl, even with its upgrades, does not beat a 6 cyl. The pick up is not as great as I am used to, so i have to compensate when accelerating onto the freeway. Also, the accelerator pedal doesn't always respond immediately - it seems to hesitate and then lurches a little - but only when I am doing under 20 mph. It's like the computer system goes into sleep mode at slow speed. Sync is new to me and it's great! Anyone who gets into my car cannot believe how roomy it is (I carpool, a lot). I see why they are used for cabs in San Francisco. No fires.

Lots of leg room, gas level monitor, fun to drive, sound system on steering wheel, engine sound.

Improve acceleration/pick-up. Have to remove center head rest in back to see out rear view mirror. Independent tire feature seems to make tires slip sometimes.

Drive Train
By Jim.Lewis

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Does anyone have a squeak when taking off from a full stop. Our 2010 does and would like to know what it is, if it is a fault I would like it looked at before warranty is over. Really like the vehicle other than that.

Great mileage, 31 miles per gallon on highway, nice ride and comfort,

Head rest on the back seats obstruct view but no suggestions to improve.

Uncertain if this was a good purchase...
By River

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it during employee pricing-so cheapest on market at time. I traded in my '07 V6 mustang- & I miss the power. Thought fuel efficiency would make up for it- but there's hardly a difference -engine has to rev harder to perform and eats up fuel to do it. And Braking is a joke! I braked suddenly in a parking lot & felt the vehicle skip before halting. It doesn't feel very safe to me! Interior looks alright, but not nearly so stylish as other SUVs. And a/c vents take a lot of fussing to re-adjust with 2 separate handles for each one. Storage area is good- but back seats are awkward to bring down. If I'd had more $$ I would've chosen a Kia Sorento.

Storage room. other than that - i wish i would've just waited and saved more for a better braking/safety and more stylish and functional interior and exterior.

SAFETY- While front brakes are disc - Rear brakes are only DRUM -- my vehicle does NOT come to a clean stop when needed. MAke SYNC standard - my vehicle didn't come with it and at first salesperson made it sound like you could add SYNC after market - which you can't!

I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Sync,

Different position for backseat cup holders. 6 disc cd for Limited Escape.

• SUV