2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
MUCH better than expected!
By usc.grrl on 07/13/10 00:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've always liked the look of SUVs but hated the fuel economy. The Escape has it all! I was originally planning on purchasing an XLT until I drove the Limited with the Sync Navigation, sold! I HAD to have it. I've now had this car for a month and 1,300 miles and love it more with each mile I drive. Looks great, drives great, and has more than enough to keep even the most discerning Tech Weenies occupied on long drives! LOVE it!

Don't drive in mud
By Vicki Cowie on 07/10/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Escape is not meant for driving in mud. The design of this vehicle causes the mud to build up in the wheel wells and when the mud dries it rubs on the inside of the tire. This caused the inside of the rear tires to wear to the point of a blowout. One Ford dealer said Ford does not recommend driving the Escape of gravel or mud. What good is a 4x4 vehicle if you can't drive in mud. I have only owned this vehicle for 4 months and have 9000 KM. I am so disappointed in FORD.

First SUV
By Mikey B on 07/08/10 12:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Been driving this for 2 weeks now and it has been great! Mine is black with the Sport Appearance Package (black rims, grill, spoiler, handles, headlights) with charcoal interior. Black on Black on Black. SYNC, sunroof, V6, auto starter. The pickup is amazing, style is fun and it's just an all around great SUV. The seats are comfortable. The whole thing feels solid. Recently took it on a 4 hour drive up north and it was fantastic! The SYNC got me home with no problems! And I really like how you can send driving directions to your car from google maps!! I love this SUV so far!

Junk
By jgeiger on 07/01/10 06:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been disappointed with this car. Been in the shop for trans. 3 times. Never had a car that has been so much trouble as this one. Dealer is lousy, no after the buy service. Going back to chewy when done paying off this piece of junk.

No Thanks
By Lizzy B on 06/29/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 4th Escape/Mariner I've leased (03, 05 ,08). Fuel economy for the 4 cyl is very disappointing vs. my '08 4WD. Performance is definitely worse. Driver seat fabric cover seams began to rip open within 1 month of owning the car. Dealer kept the car in the shop for 3 weeks to complete the transmission recall service. Service bulletin claimed it would be a 1/2 day repair. Have driven 12k miles in 4 months and can't wait for the end of the lease!

Ok
By Antonio on 06/24/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Mustang for this Escape. This is a nice family SUV. But if you're a single guy like myself and have a sports car and thinking about trading in your sports car for this SUV, don't do it. I miss my Mustang like crazy. But getting used to the Escape. Nice looking SUV but power isn't so great. But like I said, my old car was a Mustang and I miss the power.

Ford Escape 6 AWD
By Tom on 06/23/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this for my son's high school graduation. I am impressed by the tightness of the vehicle, rides nice,safety features are definite plus, a lot of car for the money. Our escape came with side bars, SYNC, moonroof, towing, etc. At a very reasonable price. My son loves it and my 15 year old daughter loves it ( they think it looks like a (Land Rover).

Nice vehicle
By buick muscle on 06/21/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm happy with the escape, I had over 35 cars in my life and I have been happy with Ford, don't buy a Honda what "junks " 2 motors later, any way back to the escape, I'm 6 foot 1 and 200 lbs and I'm comfortable in it, my wife loves it, it looks tough for a little SUV, no problems, lots of room (Ford, fast, outrageous, raceable, drivable), that is why import sales are going down.

Unfairly maligned?
By brikwil on 06/17/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 Explorers and now this Escape, and I simply don't understand any complaints about rear seat comfort. In particular, these vehicles have rear seats that are designed to create CARGO areas when they are not in use as seats. As such, I appreciate the fact that they don't recline or move fore/aft, etc. When I fold them flat, I want them to "disappear" and become cargo space, and that's exactly what they do. If my main purpose were to haul people around in my back seats, then I would buy a different vehicle, not an SUV. In the Equinox, the back seats fold down to an angle and do not create a sturdy, flat CARGO surface. That's not my idea of a "sport UTILITY vehicle."

Never Buy Ford!
By Shannon on 06/10/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had my vehicle in the shop within a month. After multiple visits and attempts to fix the problem Ford Corporate said my noise "was a characteristic of some Escape and Mariner models," "there are things to be done to temporarily fix the issue but it will continue to be an annoyance for the customer." Reference Special Service Number 21233 (if you can find it). Ford cannot fix problem and will not replace the vehicle. My Ford is now a very expensive POS. If you happen to buy the Lemon on the lot, be ready for a huge headache.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*