Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Really Very Happy
By bshotts

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have an XLS with the 6 speed automatic. This vehicle is an excellent value for the money. It's very comfortable (I'm 6'3") with an excellent rear seat and cargo room. I have experienced remarkable fuel economy (well over 30 MPG highway, about 20 city) and have experienced no problems whatsoever. Visibility is outstanding (particularly if you remove the rear head restraints as some other reviewers have done).

Cargo space, spacious and comfortable rear seat, visibility, handling, fuel economy.

Smoother shifting transmission.

Excellent
By Andre Levesque

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My first American car. I had 3 SUVs : Toyota 4 runner and 2 Honda cr-v. My escape is the most fun to drive. Very solid. Great on gas. I love it. I like the "truck" look. I hope Ford will keep the trick look in coming years. I hate SUVs looking like a car on high heels. Bravo Ford.

Solid, feel like driving a truck.

Nothing

Very Happy
By R. Johnsen

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my RAV4 with a 6 cyl Escape. To date, Hwy mileage = 25.6 mpg, City driving = just over 20 mpg. No strange noises like some others have experienced and shifting is very smooth. Headlights are very powerful and handling and passing power are more than adequate. Did a 350 mile trip today and found the seats to be totally comfortable. All in all I'm very happy.

Radio and Sync are great! Good mileage

Rear seats don't fold down perfectly flat. I'd like adjustable lumbar supports.

So Far So Good
By sofarsogood

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my car for a year now and I have not had one problem with it. It drives great, handles amazing, and overall I am really happy with it. My dealership is really easy to deal with and I am really glad I bought this car. I never thought I would like an American car! But here I am a year later! couldn't be happier!

I love the style of the car. It is beautiful to look at. I have the steel blue color and I always get compliments on it! the sync is nice to have and keeps two hands on the wheel.

I wish sync could read my texts for me. it cant on all types of phones. I also wish the sound quality on sync was better for people on the other end of my phone calls.

Bad glass
By Tim

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My new Escape has stained and scratched glass. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motor Company will do anything to assist me in fixing the problem.