Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

The ride is really nice. My wife has a sportage and that feels too much like a car and it a rough ride. This rides more like a pickup truck IMO. The SYNC is cool, but would be better if I had the NAV system. Kia definitely has an easier user interface but SYNC can do a ton more.

Ford...you really need to get your engines right or work on some QC. When people stop trusting a vehicle, they will not buy a car of that brand again. I know vehicles break down, but not on such a low mileage.

Not As Good .......
By martin2010

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Escape-129K+ and never a minutes trouble-easy to care for-I hate my 2010!
Love the sync & sirius-but hate the interior (dash, console)-no way to keep clean.
Also liked running boards on 2004. Can feel wind when driving-can not in 2004-not sure what changed-but would not do it again!

sync-sirius -these are available in alot of models-do not have to have Escape to get them!

redo interior and check why wind "grabs" vehicle-put running boards back

Won't start intermittenly
By jennfruk

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Escape new and have put about 8k miles on in about 7 months. We have had to have it towed to the dealership 2 times in 2 weeks because it just will not start. The dealer says that it is some sort of electrical problem with the engine, but they have no answers for us. The power works fine, the engine will not even try to start. The dealer tested battery 1st time and no problems, then the 2nd time it was towed to the dealer...the battery had a dead cell and then it started fine, until they went to move it out of the garage and it would not start again and engine will not turn over. I am sure there are others with the same problems, just not enough to make a difference to Ford.

Wet trunk in the back cargo area is really nice!

If I had to do over...
By tishpit1

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had previous bad experiences with Ford products so was hesitant to trade my old Jeep Liberty for the Escape.
But after reading so many positive reviews and driving one, I decided to give Ford another shot.

Pros:
Ride is decent, comfortable seating position, impressive mileage for V-6 with AWD
Cons:
Unreliable... at dealership with less than 8,000 miles on it, possibly electrical or computer related.
Dead in garage.
Numerous "strange noises," feels flimsy.
Overall:
Wish I would've opted for a new Liberty.
My old one with over 75,000 mi. never a repair, unlike my Ford with less than 7,500.
Very disappointed, but hope for the best.
Sync is costly gimmick; better to put $ into quality

Mileage... avg. 24 mpg with V-6 and AWD, comfortable, has swing up rear hatch window and flat-folding rear seat, good visibility with boxy design.

RELIABILITY... haven't had a brand new vehicle "die" on me with under 10,000 miles since 1984 and that car was a nightmare. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this isn't a taste of future unreliability. Jeep felt much more sturdy, solid, and my old one was very dependable.

Help Please
By nmcrae

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 6000 miles I say this is a very good vehicle. Good visibility, easy driving, satisfactory fuel economy. Just one aggravating problem: too little heat from the floor vent. In this northern climate, good heating is important; upper vents work fine, feet are blocks of ice.