2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Ergonomics
By firefighter on 08/25/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The instrument panel needs a complete overhaul. The compass and temperature readout can't be seen in the daylight hours. The display could be moved down and the air vent up. Think the engineer who designed this set up, slept through the ergonomics class. Other than that the vehicle has been a good buy. Have owned for 9 months and am well satisfied with the car.

Transmissions
By Jackieg328 on 08/25/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Ford I have owned and I am very disappointed with the performance of the car as well as the service (or lack thereof) that was given to me at Webb Ford, Indiana. There was a recall on a valve that was on the trans. After that was "fixed", the trans broke down. I took it to Webb where they told me nothing was wrong with it. I asked another mechanic to look at it, he agreed w/ me. It took 16 days to repair & I now have a rebuilt trans in a car with less 7,000 miles on it. Has anyone else experienced these problems with the car or with Webb Ford?

Gas Mileage
By Staten Island,NY on 08/20/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very happy with our new escape. Had a transmission recall already but very easy to fix. Don't believe the mileage they tell you that you'll get. I'm averaging 17 in town but did get 26.7 on the highway already. All in all, we're happy with it for the reasonable price we paid.

Dont Do It
By Philip B on 08/09/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the worst Vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to drive. The Constant noise from the never ending high rev shifting (6speeds). The acceleration feels like you're pushing a tennis ball against the pedal. (nothing, nothing then bam, too much) Ford should be ashamed for producing such a pile of CRAP! Makes me sick to drive it!

Happy to be back to Ford, so far
By FORDPOTTS on 08/03/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Mid 30s male and have always driven smaller cars (ford escort, vw gti, honda fit, volvo s40) but the family is bigger so we need more room. looked at the new Tuscon, equinox, rogue, outback and cr-v. all nice cars but i liked the extra room in the escape, good gas mileage and hoping that its holds up like my escort. I was blown away by the sync system (why they don't push that more in commercials i don't know) and really like the interior. road noise low, its very comfortable to sit in, i like the small things (tells you miles till empty, temp outside, problems with car). not averaging mpg what they said yet but i need to drive it more. also, ford is giving great deals on this car.

My 2010 escape caught on fire
By chris davis on 08/02/10 16:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2010 ford escape and owned it for six months. We tried to start it and it caught on fire. The escape was a total loss. We liked it before it caught on fire. The dealer did a great job of getting us a car to drive in the meantime. Ford is who I am upset with. They did nothing for us. We lost about $4,000 on the fire. Ford gave us nothing and did nothing to keep us as a customer. I have been loyal to ford but I understand now that ford has no loyalty to its customers. Beware of engine fires in the 2010. It was a scary thing having your new car catch on fire. My wife still wakes up at night. There is no recalls on the ford for electrical fires. Beware

Fun to Drive
By Dawn on 07/28/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I used to drive a small sports car, but I decided I wanted something bigger, but not too big that I could handle. The Ford Escape Limited was the smallest Ford SUV. I was really surprised at how easy it is to handle. The ride is smooth. The interior looks awesome. I have the leather trim, sunroof and premium stereo. I've gone on two long trips in it and the ride was very comfortable. The gas mileage is okay. I have a V6 so I expect it to be along the same lines of any other SUV. I have the capless gas tank, a major plus. Everything in the interior is situated for comfort. I had to take it back to the dealer to fix a recall item, but problems otherwise.

excellent car for money
By mike on 07/23/10 15:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this for our daughter, although it is 4 cyl there is plenty of pep. Everyone prefers driving this over the other cars. Seats are great sync system is amazing. mileage is 22 city. surprising amount of leg room. looked at several others like rav4 and Honda but they were not even close. very happy.

summer time suv
By JACK on 07/16/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great summer time SUV. Great city miles. When snow is on the ground this 4 cyl, fwd is bad news. It slides. You cannot go down any small grades when snow is on the ground. The tires glaze and you do not stop. I took pictures of the glazed tires. After the roads are plowed it is not bad. Too light in the front rotten traction. Will trade for an awd.

Not Impressed
By The Dawg on 07/13/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I did not buy this vehicle, but did rent one for two weeks. Vehicle had approximately 13K miles. Ran the air conditioner most of the time and MPG was terrible. 15 - 17 MPG at the most. Interior design of seats makes it difficult to see left and right when changing lanes. Back seat headrests are high and obstruct view out the back. Seating for five adults was adequate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape in VA is:

$116 per month*