2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very Happy
By R. Johnsen on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Replaced my RAV4 with a 6 cyl Escape. To date, Hwy mileage = 25.6 mpg, City driving = just over 20 mpg. No strange noises like some others have experienced and shifting is very smooth. Headlights are very powerful and handling and passing power are more than adequate. Did a 350 mile trip today and found the seats to be totally comfortable. All in all I'm very happy.

So Far So Good
By sofarsogood on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my car for a year now and I have not had one problem with it. It drives great, handles amazing, and overall I am really happy with it. My dealership is really easy to deal with and I am really glad I bought this car. I never thought I would like an American car! But here I am a year later! couldn't be happier!

Bad glass
By Tim on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My new Escape has stained and scratched glass. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motor Company will do anything to assist me in fixing the problem.

Rear Main Seal Leak
By Robin on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really like the style of the vehicle and love the sync, however, the hard shifting of the 6 cylinder and the fact that I am currently majorly bummed that the vehicle started leaking oil with less than 8K miles on it and has now been in the shop for 4 days having the engine pulled to repair this is very disturbing. Based on 1st oil change and transmission recall experience, this just may be the beginning of an unhealthy vehicle relationship. I removed the passenger seat headrests because they were just in the way. I'm really kinda missing my Toyota right now.

Do not buy!
By rollysoc on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought March 2010. A month later developed chirping noise when accelerating from a stop. Ford said part of the AWD sensing system, could/ would not be fixed. In July, began to have starting problems (wouldn't turn over then would), took to dealer and they couldn't recreate trouble. 8/16/10 Wouldn't start and then did. Called dealer scheduled to bring in on 8/17/10. 8/17/10 It wouldn't start, towed to dealer. Reported to be a Process Control Unit (the brain). Picked up from dealer on 9/7/10 and on 9/9/10 it wouldn't start again. Towed to dealer again. 9/16/10 Traded in and bought another car, NOT a Ford. Dealer was great willing to work with me, Ford wouldn't. Found On Road Dead, so true.

Great Car. some quips
By moonweyes on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford Escape. I bought my first one used and ended up trading it in for a brand new one. I love this car! But I do have to say, the 4 cyl, even with its upgrades, does not beat a 6 cyl. The pick up is not as great as I am used to, so i have to compensate when accelerating onto the freeway. Also, the accelerator pedal doesn't always respond immediately - it seems to hesitate and then lurches a little - but only when I am doing under 20 mph. It's like the computer system goes into sleep mode at slow speed. Sync is new to me and it's great! Anyone who gets into my car cannot believe how roomy it is (I carpool, a lot). I see why they are used for cabs in San Francisco. No fires.

Drive Train
By Jim.Lewis on 09/07/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Does anyone have a squeak when taking off from a full stop. Our 2010 does and would like to know what it is, if it is a fault I would like it looked at before warranty is over. Really like the vehicle other than that.

Uncertain if this was a good purchase...
By River on 08/29/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it during employee pricing-so cheapest on market at time. I traded in my '07 V6 mustang- & I miss the power. Thought fuel efficiency would make up for it- but there's hardly a difference -engine has to rev harder to perform and eats up fuel to do it. And Braking is a joke! I braked suddenly in a parking lot & felt the vehicle skip before halting. It doesn't feel very safe to me! Interior looks alright, but not nearly so stylish as other SUVs. And a/c vents take a lot of fussing to re-adjust with 2 separate handles for each one. Storage area is good- but back seats are awkward to bring down. If I'd had more $$ I would've chosen a Kia Sorento.

I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa on 08/27/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Ergonomics
By firefighter on 08/25/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The instrument panel needs a complete overhaul. The compass and temperature readout can't be seen in the daylight hours. The display could be moved down and the air vent up. Think the engineer who designed this set up, slept through the ergonomics class. Other than that the vehicle has been a good buy. Have owned for 9 months and am well satisfied with the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*