2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews 2

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
frustrated
By dontdoit1 on 05/01/12 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased my 3rd ford (2nd escape). what a mistake - no probs 1st 6mos, then recall on transmission - now neutraling out - dealer fought me on fixing it - had to go to ford corporate, said they fixed it, still having issues, will not fix it...have water leaks AND the hitch handle lining continues to come out and has been fixed twice...feel like i have been taken advantage of and wish i could get rid it - sucks...don't buy it...with the lack of help from ford, i doubt i will ever buy another. if customer service and service was better, they would may be a ray of hope that i might buy ford again. you lost my biz and many of my friends/family as well.

Fantastic All-around
By morikowulf on 11/21/11 19:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my 2010 Ford Escape used, with just over 41,000 miles as a company vehicle. Aside from being well taken car of it's a good looking car, it has taken a few day long trips now over some of the mountain roads in Colorado, and I have even taken it on some 4x4 sport trails. The handling is great, and the ride is quite comfortable. The gas mileage is great, and the car is actually more compact than my friends Outback. This is a great vehicle overall, and a blast to drive!

Excellent
By wboese on 08/09/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in November of 2009. It currently has 38,000 miles and has been on several cross country road trips. Friends are always impressed with sync and with the power that comes from the v6 engine. The 6-speed transmission really gives it a great boost in fuel economy. 22 city, 28 highway and I don't drive like I want to take forever to get where I'm going. Absolutely no problems with the car, and the fact that it hits the high rpms in a very short time is a big seller since it gives the car a great amount of power increase. Quiet on the road and no noise from the transmission or engine like some others have reported. No leaking on the passenger side either. Great car!

Another Problem
By jrgleason2003 on 08/08/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So I posted earlier about the cylinder heads needing to be replaced. That took 2 full weeks. After that, I noticed my engine was leaking oil. I took it to the Ford dealership and said it was a cracked something or other. Again, they fixed it for free, so no problem there, but dang...how about some quality control? I am starting not to trust this vehicle. This will be my last Ford (or domestic for that matter). I wouldn't run from the car if given the opportunity, but definitely get it checked out by a mechanic before you purchase (I failed to do so and am seeing my mistake).

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003 on 06/01/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

Not As Good .......
By martin2010 on 12/28/10 07:21 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Escape-129K+ and never a minutes trouble-easy to care for-I hate my 2010! Love the sync & sirius-but hate the interior (dash, console)-no way to keep clean. Also liked running boards on 2004. Can feel wind when driving-can not in 2004-not sure what changed-but would not do it again!

Won't start intermittenly
By jennfruk on 12/17/10 20:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Escape new and have put about 8k miles on in about 7 months. We have had to have it towed to the dealership 2 times in 2 weeks because it just will not start. The dealer says that it is some sort of electrical problem with the engine, but they have no answers for us. The power works fine, the engine will not even try to start. The dealer tested battery 1st time and no problems, then the 2nd time it was towed to the dealer...the battery had a dead cell and then it started fine, until they went to move it out of the garage and it would not start again and engine will not turn over. I am sure there are others with the same problems, just not enough to make a difference to Ford.

If I had to do over...
By tishpit1 on 12/17/10 14:49 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had previous bad experiences with Ford products so was hesitant to trade my old Jeep Liberty for the Escape. But after reading so many positive reviews and driving one, I decided to give Ford another shot. Pros: Ride is decent, comfortable seating position, impressive mileage for V-6 with AWD Cons: Unreliable... at dealership with less than 8,000 miles on it, possibly electrical or computer related. Dead in garage. Numerous "strange noises," feels flimsy. Overall: Wish I would've opted for a new Liberty. My old one with over 75,000 mi. never a repair, unlike my Ford with less than 7,500. Very disappointed, but hope for the best. Sync is costly gimmick; better to put $ into quality

Help Please
By nmcrae on 12/14/10 18:26 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 6000 miles I say this is a very good vehicle. Good visibility, easy driving, satisfactory fuel economy. Just one aggravating problem: too little heat from the floor vent. In this northern climate, good heating is important; upper vents work fine, feet are blocks of ice.

Good for me
By Ks0901 on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got the ford escape and so far everything has been decent. The gas mileage is a bit low for me but it is better than most SUVs. Whenever you're on an interstate or hwy you can hear air from the outside so it's not totally quiet inside. Can't see with rear view mirror without taking the middle head rest off in the back but easily fixable. I love the way it runs (I have a v6) and the sync and keyless entry are great. I haven't had any problems with the engine or electronics. I'm in college so i drive home sometimes and i need a reliable car so far the escape has not let me down.