Used 2010 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Ok
By Antonio

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Mustang for this Escape. This is a nice family SUV. But if you're a single guy like myself and have a sports car and thinking about trading in your sports car for this SUV, don't do it. I miss my Mustang like crazy. But getting used to the Escape. Nice looking SUV but power isn't so great. But like I said, my old car was a Mustang and I miss the power.

SYNC, temperature gauge and compass. Rear Liftgate glass.

Bigger Tires, Too much wind noise when windows are closed. Maybe a better stereo system when it has the SYNC. Crossbars on the Roof Rack. 4 wheel disc brakes, not just 2.

Ford Escape 6 AWD
By Tom

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this for my son's high school graduation. I am impressed by the tightness of the vehicle, rides nice,safety features are definite plus, a lot of car for the money. Our escape came with side bars, SYNC, moonroof, towing, etc. At a very reasonable price. My son loves it and my 15 year old daughter loves it ( they think it looks like a (Land Rover).

Ride, Fit and Finish, Sync

We have base radio/stereo/cd - fair

Nice vehicle
By buick muscle

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm happy with the escape, I had over 35 cars in my life and I have been happy with Ford, don't buy a Honda what "junks " 2 motors later, any way back to the escape, I'm 6 foot 1 and 200 lbs and I'm comfortable in it, my wife loves it, it looks tough for a little SUV, no problems, lots of room (Ford, fast, outrageous, raceable, drivable), that is why import sales are going down.

satellite radio, nice comfortable drive, I'm happy with it.

scotch guard the seats

Unfairly maligned?
By brikwil

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 Explorers and now this Escape, and I simply don't understand any complaints about rear seat comfort. In particular, these vehicles have rear seats that are designed to create CARGO areas when they are not in use as seats. As such, I appreciate the fact that they don't recline or move fore/aft, etc. When I fold them flat, I want them to "disappear" and become cargo space, and that's exactly what they do. If my main purpose were to haul people around in my back seats, then I would buy a different vehicle, not an SUV. In the Equinox, the back seats fold down to an angle and do not create a sturdy, flat CARGO surface. That's not my idea of a "sport UTILITY vehicle."

Sync is awesome. The exterior has earned me compliments from strangers, and the interior is the most sensible, practical, stylish yet easy-to-clean of any SUV I have owned so far. On mountainous terrain, I turn off overdrive and my Escape becomes Chitty- Chitty Bang-Bang and drives itself! GREAT!

The rear door handles feel "cheap" - like they are not expected to last very long. Otherwise, I can't think of any complaints. LOVE this vehicle!

Never Buy Ford!
By Shannon

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had my vehicle in the shop within a month. After multiple visits and attempts to fix the problem Ford Corporate said my noise "was a characteristic of some Escape and Mariner models," "there are things to be done to temporarily fix the issue but it will continue to be an annoyance for the customer." Reference Special Service Number 21233 (if you can find it). Ford cannot fix problem and will not replace the vehicle. My Ford is now a very expensive POS. If you happen to buy the Lemon on the lot, be ready for a huge headache.

Quality!