2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very Surprised
By Nick on 11/04/09 19:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I decided to dive Ford another chance after years of driving different makes. I am pleased to say I am blown away. I purchased a base model (cheapie) and it has a TON of equipment already on it. The Escape handles well, is well put together (feels solid), has great power out of a 4 banger, and accommodates my 6'4" tall 350 lbs frame well with enough room to accommodate two car seats in the back seat! If you have not driven a Ford lately... DRIVE ONE!!!

What a Vehicle
By Griff on 10/28/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I compared all of the like vehicles and the bang for the buck goes to the Escape. The Escape is getting 24.5 mpg in mostly city driving, it tows my 2500 lb trailer without a problem and this is the 4 cyc. The 6 speed auto is smooth and responsive. Plenty of interior room, seats are really comfortable, the vehicle sits at a nice height and I can get all of my suff in the back cargo area leaving the back seats uncluttered. Anyone looking for a vehicle this size would be remiss in purchasing this Escape. (24,300 msrp with a cash prince of 19,440) how can one go wrong. Unless you are still one of the die hards who thing Asian vehicles are better. This Escape proves my point.

Real SUV
By S Bowen on 10/23/09 18:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I think Edmunds review is not very fair on this vehicle. We test drove the RAV 4 and CRV and they can't even compare. Ford has made a masculine, fuel efficient, comfortable riding, plenty-of-room SUV. To me, the other competitors "SUVs" are very sissy and nerdy. They also do not contain the features the Ford has. And, no I don't work for Ford and it's been awhile since we've owned one. I believe the sales speak for themselves as you can't hardly find one on the lot right now.

2010 Ford Excape Limited, 6 cyl.
By Larry - MO on 10/08/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We ordered the vehicle and picked it up on Sept. 18. We have driven it over 1100 miles. It drives and handles like a much larger vehicle. The performance is great and fun to drive. The gas milage so far has been good. It is averaging about 22 mpg overall. The interior noise level is much quieter than the 2006 Escape we previously owned.

I love my car!
By texmt on 10/06/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I previously owned a 2006 Ford Escape. While i liked it, there were some things that needed to be improved. It wasn't comfortable for a long trip and was noisy. The 2010 is much more comfortable and quieter. I have the sun and sync package and I love. I now find driving a joy with this car. Yes, it may not have as much cargo room as it's competitors but it has plenty enough for me and my 2 dogs and costs much less. I really love this car and plan on taking more trips now that I have it. Got a great deal on it too. The Sync package is wonderful.

2010 Escape Limited
By arwebber on 10/01/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Suprised by acceleration, smooth 6 speed trans and mpg. The Limited FWD, Moon & Tune package, side step bars, and NAV gave every goodie I wanted and then some. Ride is more like a truck than a car, very quiet, smooth and stable. Maneuvers well, doesn't feel top-heavy, steering precise. NAV, bluetooth, CD/DVD, Sirius, radio functions voice-activated. 240watt - 7 speakers. Sound quality is great! Leather seats are very comfortable. Front and rear leg room is more than adequate. Rear seating is comfortable. Quality, fit & finish and attention to detail was impressive. Consumer Reports ratings bear this out.

Best ride we found for an SUV
By Robert in FL on 09/29/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have owened our Ford Escape XLT w/V6 engine for 2 weeks and we love it. The ride is very smooth, with the 6 shift transmission. We really enjoy the very low road noise, much lower that our KIA. The gas mileage is great 18 MPG in the city so fare. We are going on a long trip to Ohio soon and I will send and update on this wonderfull Ford Escape XLT when we return.

Responsive Car
By John on 09/24/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have found this car to be responsive and comfortable for me. It is smaller than any of my previous cars and I was surprised by the smoothness of the ride. The fuel economy is excellent. Leather interior is as good as and as comfortable as my Lincoln.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape in VA is:

$115 per month*