2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
I am in shock and awe
By redbeard on 12/03/09 10:34 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the vehicle I should have bought 3 years ago, I bought a great Pont. Vibe, but its cost was more than the Escape. The Escape is a macho type vehicle unlike the girlie types of the Rogue and Equinox. Guess I like the tougher look. It has been a great 2000 miles thus far, MPG in the city with some highway is running 25 give or take. Only got 27 in the Vibe. I have found one problem (well not really a problem) but check yours!!! The inner door jams (at the front edge of the two front doors are not painted.) Open the door half way and look toward the bottom, ta da, no paint inside the back of the front fender. There is an area that just is not painted. Dealer painted mine.

Love It
By Rick on 12/02/09 14:05 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned the Escape Limited 2010 for about a month, traded in a 2004 Explorer. I prefer the ride of the Escape. The full set of options are great and with the Sun and SYNC package traveling is a joy. Storage is less than the Explorer, but the gas mileage is way better. I am glad I made this purchase

One Week Update
By Bill C on 11/22/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 200 miles, I am very happy with the purchase thus far. 171 hp engine is not a speed demon from rest yet it is not slow. 6 speed auto shifts well, getting 23 mpg around town. Expect it will be near 30 mpg on highway. 302A package adds nice options and car feels strong, safe and leather interior is nice. excellent radio, SIRIUS and hands free phone options, rear view camera and Synch.

Value Transportation
By sabretooth1 on 11/21/09 15:56 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Decided on 4cyl for overall economy of how often the vehicle will be driven by driver alone and/or with one child. Measuring 22.5 MPG after three weeks city travel, have not taken highway yet. Test drove limited 6cyl, but still stuck w/4cyl XLT, not big diff. to me. Traded 3liter Explorer in, the 6cyl Escape wasnt close. I feel entitled to all researching small SUV's to post this review in all fairness.Personal exp. measured against Highlander,Tiguan,Traverse &Equinox. Liked the overall weight and feel of vehicle in comparison. Could honestly live without as much tech given. Sync has not been smooth setup; pending. Overall very happy with product value, great job by Ford.

What was I thinking
By Krista on 11/17/09 09:38 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 1st new car a 2010 Ford Escape and had it for two weeks and loved everything about it until it broke down. The service dept. could not find anything wrong with it. It dies going down the road and then will start back up in about 10 minutes, it did it about every other day until last week when it would only stay running for out 2 minutes and then die over and over again. It has been in the shop for 5 days and they still don't know whats wrong with it. I must of bought a lemon.

very pleased
By john on 11/17/09 09:23 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have 940 miles on 2010 XLT 6cyl and am very pleased. Quieter than my 2008 Accord. I drive to get milage...25.3 in small town suburbia driving, 28.6 on highway. My first American car in 12 years an am glad I bought American...the quality is greatly improved.

Happy Ex-150 user
By Bogey golfer on 11/11/09 20:58 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have used f-150's for almost 50 yrs..... Traded my '98 pu in for a smaller vehicle as I no longer at age 70 require a truck, but desired the similar ride and driver sitting-up comfort I became used to. I have not been disappointed a bit. Am getting 25.8 mpg combined mileage with the 6 cyl engine right out of the box. Only complaint I have is that the driver is a bit confined on right side with the transmission console for the big leg room I am used to..... But I am 6,2" and 310# ..... So if I have room, almost anyone else will have more! Dash is great and allows full review of all info quickly....... And I added moon roof as a treat to myself..... Kinda like it! Yes.... Count me as a happy owner!

Great mileage
By Wayne, NJ on 11/10/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Averaging 27 mpg combined highway and city driving. Has all the creature features and comfort you expect in an American car. Suttle engine vibration concerned me at first but Ford states it's part of having a big 4 cylinder- will get used too. So far so good.

i like it
By m and m on 11/08/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a Lexus rx330 for it. Pick up is a bit slower, but very good. Love the car. My wife, who claimed she would never drive a Ford, also bought one. She also loves it. She traded in a Benz with no regrets. Love using reg gas.

Great Ride
By John on 11/05/09 17:20 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have already logged about 2500 miles on my '10 Escape. I also own an '04 and the improvement in comfort and quality is significant. There is very little road noise and the vehicle handle smoothly. The Sirius and sync packages are a nice feature. The 2010 Escape feels roomier than prior models. We're very glad we bought another Escape. Ford has done a real nice job with this one!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape in VA is:

$116 per month*