Used 2010 Ford Escape XLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Tranny Troubles
By winter_driver

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new. Exactly the kind of vehicle I needed...big windows, AWD, fuel efficient, cargo space...just right for my cold climate. The 4-banger is fine around the city though it's a slow accelerator off the line and when merging into traffic. V6 was probably a better choice. 1st problem right away was a vibration at about 50 mph. Turned out to be an unbalanced drive shaft, which the dealer promptly corrected. Lots of tranny problems. Rebulit after 3-years. Problems returned less than a year later. Rebuilt again. Lots of similar stories online. When it works, I really like it, but deep down, I have little faith left in the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bought new...lots of value Great utility Big square windows Look like an SUV, not a jelly bean Great winter vehicle.

wish i never bought one :(
By usedtobeford

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased new in 2010. Brake issues at 40,000 km cost me $1000. Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420. Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath. Brakes shot again. Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed. Grand total of $1600+ Tax. For real!? might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to hyundai for a santa fe

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better customer service, it would be nice if Ford stood behind there products. I feel ripped off.

Fed Up with Ford
By calguy1

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Ford in 5 years and my 4th transmission. I had a Ford Fusion that had a transmission fail 1,500 miles past warranty and was stuck 250 miles from home. Ended up working a deal with a Ford dealer in Los Banos and bought a 2010 Ford Escape with 38k miles. 3 months later the transmission failed. Got a new tranny from factory (no cost) and now a yr later it has failed again. Dealer looked up history and learned this will be the car's 4th transmission. There seems to be a lot of forums and posts about how bad Ford's transmissions are. Car is no good if the transmission doesn't work. Wish I limped into a Chevy or Honda dealer down in Los Banos.

Favorite Features

Like I said in the review, can't find any favorite features when the transmission doesn't work.

Suggested Improvements

Seems like Ford has forgotten how to build quality cars. Maybe they should go to some of their competitors and learn how to build a quality product.

frustrated
By dontdoit1

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased my 3rd ford (2nd escape). what a mistake - no probs 1st 6mos, then recall on transmission - now neutraling out - dealer fought me on fixing it - had to go to ford corporate, said they fixed it, still having issues, will not fix it...have water leaks AND the hitch handle lining continues to come out and has been fixed twice...feel like i have been taken advantage of and wish i could get rid it - sucks...don't buy it...with the lack of help from ford, i doubt i will ever buy another. if customer service and service was better, they would may be a ray of hope that i might buy ford again. you lost my biz and many of my friends/family as well.

Favorite Features

synch - sunroof

Suggested Improvements

stop having transmission neutral out fix water leaks fix rear hatch handle issues better customer relations

Not As Good .......
By martin2010

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Escape-129K+ and never a minutes trouble-easy to care for-I hate my 2010! Love the sync & sirius-but hate the interior (dash, console)-no way to keep clean. Also liked running boards on 2004. Can feel wind when driving-can not in 2004-not sure what changed-but would not do it again!

Favorite Features

sync-sirius -these are available in alot of models-do not have to have Escape to get them!

Suggested Improvements

redo interior and check why wind "grabs" vehicle-put running boards back