Used 2010 Ford Escape Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Worst. Vehicle. Ever.
By jaadamoo

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Escape Limited in November 2009. The bells & whistles attracted me to it. But man, this vehicle has been a nightmare since day 1. The transmission is total crap. It's been in the shop 9 times in 4 years for transmission issues. Now the trans is on the verge of complete failure. Throttle body died at 59k miles, A/C blower is going out, heated seats gave out. It's slowly falling apart. The dealership is always giving me the run-around and repairs are starting to become costly. This is my 6th Ford and sadly it will be my last. I've lost all faith in their products.

Sync, Active Park Assist

Excellent
By wboese

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in November of 2009. It currently has 38,000 miles and has been on several cross country road trips. Friends are always impressed with sync and with the power that comes from the v6 engine. The 6-speed transmission really gives it a great boost in fuel economy. 22 city, 28 highway and I don't drive like I want to take forever to get where I'm going. Absolutely no problems with the car, and the fact that it hits the high rpms in a very short time is a big seller since it gives the car a great amount of power increase. Quiet on the road and no noise from the transmission or engine like some others have reported. No leaking on the passenger side either. Great car!

Sync w/ Voice Commands The Power of the Engine Great Fuel Economy Luxury of the Interior The Look of the Body The Computer Controlled Throttle

Absolutely None!

Another Problem
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So I posted earlier about the cylinder heads needing to be replaced. That took 2 full weeks. After that, I noticed my engine was leaking oil. I took it to the Ford dealership and said it was a cracked something or other. Again, they fixed it for free, so no problem there, but dang...how about some quality control? I am starting not to trust this vehicle. This will be my last Ford (or domestic for that matter). I wouldn't run from the car if given the opportunity, but definitely get it checked out by a mechanic before you purchase (I failed to do so and am seeing my mistake).

Synch is cool, leather is good. LOTS of head room

For the price point, the Limited V6 needs to have a standard backup camera, there are other vehicles that are thousands less and come with a camera like that. I would also prefer a touch screen for work all the entertainment stuff. Too many buttons to push over all.

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

The ride is really nice. My wife has a sportage and that feels too much like a car and it a rough ride. This rides more like a pickup truck IMO. The SYNC is cool, but would be better if I had the NAV system. Kia definitely has an easier user interface but SYNC can do a ton more.

Ford...you really need to get your engines right or work on some QC. When people stop trusting a vehicle, they will not buy a car of that brand again. I know vehicles break down, but not on such a low mileage.

I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Sync,

Different position for backseat cup holders. 6 disc cd for Limited Escape.