2010 Ford Escape SUV 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Worst. Vehicle. Ever.
By jaadamoo on 10/25/13 05:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Escape Limited in November 2009. The bells & whistles attracted me to it. But man, this vehicle has been a nightmare since day 1. The transmission is total crap. It's been in the shop 9 times in 4 years for transmission issues. Now the trans is on the verge of complete failure. Throttle body died at 59k miles, A/C blower is going out, heated seats gave out. It's slowly falling apart. The dealership is always giving me the run-around and repairs are starting to become costly. This is my 6th Ford and sadly it will be my last. I've lost all faith in their products.

Excellent
By wboese on 08/09/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in November of 2009. It currently has 38,000 miles and has been on several cross country road trips. Friends are always impressed with sync and with the power that comes from the v6 engine. The 6-speed transmission really gives it a great boost in fuel economy. 22 city, 28 highway and I don't drive like I want to take forever to get where I'm going. Absolutely no problems with the car, and the fact that it hits the high rpms in a very short time is a big seller since it gives the car a great amount of power increase. Quiet on the road and no noise from the transmission or engine like some others have reported. No leaking on the passenger side either. Great car!

Another Problem
By jrgleason2003 on 08/08/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So I posted earlier about the cylinder heads needing to be replaced. That took 2 full weeks. After that, I noticed my engine was leaking oil. I took it to the Ford dealership and said it was a cracked something or other. Again, they fixed it for free, so no problem there, but dang...how about some quality control? I am starting not to trust this vehicle. This will be my last Ford (or domestic for that matter). I wouldn't run from the car if given the opportunity, but definitely get it checked out by a mechanic before you purchase (I failed to do so and am seeing my mistake).

In the Shop @ 21K w/V6
By jrgleason2003 on 06/01/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this used at 21K. Two days after the purchase, the check engine light comes on. I really didn't think that it was a big deal, but I had the time so I brought it to the dealer on Memorial Day (Leith Ford Wendell, NC). Turns out I needed new Cylinder Heads and a camshaft. Evidently this is a common problem. At 21K that is unacceptable. Luckily it was covered under warranty so I didn't pay a dime, but it has been 4 days now and still no car. Thankfully the dealership sprung for a loaner. We will see how it is when I get it back

I love my 2010 Escape!
By Melissa on 08/27/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my escape. Very fun to drive and gets good gas mileage 24-26 mpg. This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and so far no complaints.

Not Impressed
By The Dawg on 07/13/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I did not buy this vehicle, but did rent one for two weeks. Vehicle had approximately 13K miles. Ran the air conditioner most of the time and MPG was terrible. 15 - 17 MPG at the most. Interior design of seats makes it difficult to see left and right when changing lanes. Back seat headrests are high and obstruct view out the back. Seating for five adults was adequate.

MUCH better than expected!
By usc.grrl on 07/13/10 00:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've always liked the look of SUVs but hated the fuel economy. The Escape has it all! I was originally planning on purchasing an XLT until I drove the Limited with the Sync Navigation, sold! I HAD to have it. I've now had this car for a month and 1,300 miles and love it more with each mile I drive. Looks great, drives great, and has more than enough to keep even the most discerning Tech Weenies occupied on long drives! LOVE it!

Junk
By jgeiger on 07/01/10 06:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been disappointed with this car. Been in the shop for trans. 3 times. Never had a car that has been so much trouble as this one. Dealer is lousy, no after the buy service. Going back to chewy when done paying off this piece of junk.

Escape over Toyota
By Steve on 05/25/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As a former Toyota owner I could not be more pleased with my Escape. The last Toyota was a loaded 2008 Camry XLE and the Escape matches or exceeds that car in every way. It is a pleasure to drive and do believe the interior is bad by what you read. Mine is the charcoal color leather and really looks great!

USA CAN build a good vehicle
By Rob on 05/18/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Limited's Camel interior is attractive and the heated leather seats are very comfortable. We added a custom painted pin stripe to the somewhat bland Sangria Red exterior. The vehicle gets 24 mpg in local driving and between 30 and 32 mpg on interstates. Radio fidelity is the best we've heard in any car we've owned and the Synch system is very handy.Though engine roar is evident during acceleration,the ride is wonderfully quiet on the interstates.Surprisingly, this FWD model went through four inches of snow rather well. Some suspension skipping is noticeable on washboard roads. Ample room is available for two bicycles and plenty of luggage. At 4000 miles it's running great.