2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
wish i never bought one :(
By usedtobeford on 04/09/14 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased new in 2010. Brake issues at 40,000 km cost me $1000. Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420. Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath. Brakes shot again. Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed. Grand total of $1600+ Tax. For real!? might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to hyundai for a santa fe

Fed Up with Ford
By calguy1 on 08/24/12 08:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Ford in 5 years and my 4th transmission. I had a Ford Fusion that had a transmission fail 1,500 miles past warranty and was stuck 250 miles from home. Ended up working a deal with a Ford dealer in Los Banos and bought a 2010 Ford Escape with 38k miles. 3 months later the transmission failed. Got a new tranny from factory (no cost) and now a yr later it has failed again. Dealer looked up history and learned this will be the car's 4th transmission. There seems to be a lot of forums and posts about how bad Ford's transmissions are. Car is no good if the transmission doesn't work. Wish I limped into a Chevy or Honda dealer down in Los Banos.

frustrated
By dontdoit1 on 05/01/12 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased my 3rd ford (2nd escape). what a mistake - no probs 1st 6mos, then recall on transmission - now neutraling out - dealer fought me on fixing it - had to go to ford corporate, said they fixed it, still having issues, will not fix it...have water leaks AND the hitch handle lining continues to come out and has been fixed twice...feel like i have been taken advantage of and wish i could get rid it - sucks...don't buy it...with the lack of help from ford, i doubt i will ever buy another. if customer service and service was better, they would may be a ray of hope that i might buy ford again. you lost my biz and many of my friends/family as well.

Not As Good .......
By martin2010 on 12/28/10 07:21 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Escape-129K+ and never a minutes trouble-easy to care for-I hate my 2010! Love the sync & sirius-but hate the interior (dash, console)-no way to keep clean. Also liked running boards on 2004. Can feel wind when driving-can not in 2004-not sure what changed-but would not do it again!

Won't start intermittenly
By jennfruk on 12/17/10 20:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Escape new and have put about 8k miles on in about 7 months. We have had to have it towed to the dealership 2 times in 2 weeks because it just will not start. The dealer says that it is some sort of electrical problem with the engine, but they have no answers for us. The power works fine, the engine will not even try to start. The dealer tested battery 1st time and no problems, then the 2nd time it was towed to the dealer...the battery had a dead cell and then it started fine, until they went to move it out of the garage and it would not start again and engine will not turn over. I am sure there are others with the same problems, just not enough to make a difference to Ford.

Help Please
By nmcrae on 12/14/10 18:26 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 6000 miles I say this is a very good vehicle. Good visibility, easy driving, satisfactory fuel economy. Just one aggravating problem: too little heat from the floor vent. In this northern climate, good heating is important; upper vents work fine, feet are blocks of ice.

Good for me
By Ks0901 on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got the ford escape and so far everything has been decent. The gas mileage is a bit low for me but it is better than most SUVs. Whenever you're on an interstate or hwy you can hear air from the outside so it's not totally quiet inside. Can't see with rear view mirror without taking the middle head rest off in the back but easily fixable. I love the way it runs (I have a v6) and the sync and keyless entry are great. I haven't had any problems with the engine or electronics. I'm in college so i drive home sometimes and i need a reliable car so far the escape has not let me down.

Bad glass
By Tim on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My new Escape has stained and scratched glass. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motor Company will do anything to assist me in fixing the problem.

Uncertain if this was a good purchase...
By River on 08/29/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it during employee pricing-so cheapest on market at time. I traded in my '07 V6 mustang- & I miss the power. Thought fuel efficiency would make up for it- but there's hardly a difference -engine has to rev harder to perform and eats up fuel to do it. And Braking is a joke! I braked suddenly in a parking lot & felt the vehicle skip before halting. It doesn't feel very safe to me! Interior looks alright, but not nearly so stylish as other SUVs. And a/c vents take a lot of fussing to re-adjust with 2 separate handles for each one. Storage area is good- but back seats are awkward to bring down. If I'd had more $$ I would've chosen a Kia Sorento.

Ergonomics
By firefighter on 08/25/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The instrument panel needs a complete overhaul. The compass and temperature readout can't be seen in the daylight hours. The display could be moved down and the air vent up. Think the engineer who designed this set up, slept through the ergonomics class. Other than that the vehicle has been a good buy. Have owned for 9 months and am well satisfied with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.