2010 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Wish I never bought this
By donotbuyford on 08/09/14 22:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Brought a brand new 2010 Ford Escape. Have consistently had AC problems. Just had the 4th dealer try to fix it, this time for $1000+...still not fixed. I've read several reviews re faulty AC units in this make and model. In fact what happened with my AC sounds very similar to the other comments on this site re the 2010 Escape. I also had to replace the rack and pinion and battery. I've put in at least $2500 of repairs within 5 years and 50,000 miles of purchase, and I'm just waiting to hear what's next. This car was a giant waste of money. I am very unhappy with (if not angry about) this purchase. I will never buy another Ford.

wish i never bought one :(
By usedtobeford on 04/09/14 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased new in 2010. Brake issues at 40,000 km cost me $1000. Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420. Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath. Brakes shot again. Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed. Grand total of $1600+ Tax. For real!? might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to hyundai for a santa fe

Great value!
By osawe on 03/14/14 11:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap, reliable and fun crossover vehicle. Cheap on gas, reliable and fun to drive. Best from Ford in the last 10 years. If you own one, hold on to it!

Worst. Vehicle. Ever.
By jaadamoo on 10/25/13 05:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Escape Limited in November 2009. The bells & whistles attracted me to it. But man, this vehicle has been a nightmare since day 1. The transmission is total crap. It's been in the shop 9 times in 4 years for transmission issues. Now the trans is on the verge of complete failure. Throttle body died at 59k miles, A/C blower is going out, heated seats gave out. It's slowly falling apart. The dealership is always giving me the run-around and repairs are starting to become costly. This is my 6th Ford and sadly it will be my last. I've lost all faith in their products.

Run Away!
By mel1898 on 04/20/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When I turned on the AC for the first time this year it made a loud grinding noise for a few seconds, then never cooled. Took it in to the dealership to check and for regular 45,000 mile maintenance. Dealer called and gave the following description of the problem ..."in the AC dryer there is a filter bag with "little blue balls" of dessicant. It seems that it is a very common problem that these filter bags burst and flood the entire AC system with the balls (aka "debris") which causes all the parts to fail and or clog. Many of the parts can't be effectively flushed so the have to be replaced." The cost to replace the entire AC system (all valves, tubes, hoses, evaporator, compressor, condens

Stay Away!!!
By mountainleigh on 03/10/13 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been a Toyota owner for years...and last year I bought an Escape. I did not have too many problems with it until I went to get the tranmission flushed about 3 weeks ago. The tranmission fluid was so black that the mechanic had to flush it twice costing me the price of 2 flushes. Anyway, he told me that the transmission could go at any time and that I should just sell the vehicle if I didnt want to spend $4000 on a new one. This is a 2010 with 75,000 miles on it! Needless to say, I traded it in this weekend for a Toyota Tacoma. I will NEVER buy another Ford again.

Fed Up with Ford
By calguy1 on 08/24/12 08:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Ford in 5 years and my 4th transmission. I had a Ford Fusion that had a transmission fail 1,500 miles past warranty and was stuck 250 miles from home. Ended up working a deal with a Ford dealer in Los Banos and bought a 2010 Ford Escape with 38k miles. 3 months later the transmission failed. Got a new tranny from factory (no cost) and now a yr later it has failed again. Dealer looked up history and learned this will be the car's 4th transmission. There seems to be a lot of forums and posts about how bad Ford's transmissions are. Car is no good if the transmission doesn't work. Wish I limped into a Chevy or Honda dealer down in Los Banos.

Throttle body
By gofish5998 on 08/16/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Two weeks ago my wife bought an 2010 Escape with 39000 miles. The sensor on the throttle body went bad & left my wife setting along the road. The guy at the Ford garage said he had replaced five of them in the last two weeks & there probably won't be a recall. None of the Escapes had over 44,000 miles on them. Lucky she bought it from a local car lot & he took care of it.

comments on 2010 escape
By jjpal on 07/13/12 09:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i have had one issue with the car fuel gage kept changing finally called ford had to replace the instrument cluster i have had tthe transmision do a hard shift three times been asking the dealer about no satisfactory answer from them

frustrated
By dontdoit1 on 05/01/12 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased my 3rd ford (2nd escape). what a mistake - no probs 1st 6mos, then recall on transmission - now neutraling out - dealer fought me on fixing it - had to go to ford corporate, said they fixed it, still having issues, will not fix it...have water leaks AND the hitch handle lining continues to come out and has been fixed twice...feel like i have been taken advantage of and wish i could get rid it - sucks...don't buy it...with the lack of help from ford, i doubt i will ever buy another. if customer service and service was better, they would may be a ray of hope that i might buy ford again. you lost my biz and many of my friends/family as well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*