Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

I love my 2nd gen escape
By Brian

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's my favorite car I've ever owned. 7 years and 150000 miles in it still looks and runs great. (Shame on Ford for making the 3rd Gen a bloated teeny bopper hatch back instead of a proper suv like this one.)

Great value for the money!
By Unknown

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just recently bought a 2010 Ford Escape with 79k miles and the V6 engine. So far, I am very impressed! I just had some maintenance done to it to make sure everything is sound; this included transmission flush and oil change. Everything looked good according to the dealer. I have read a lot of negative reviews, but I would advise to buy one with some miles. That way, all of flaws would be worked out. So far, excellent car!

Just ok
By stev sc

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall an ok car. Cheap materials inside. Switches failed. Minor problems turned into big things quickly

The best Compact SUV on the road today!
By Brian

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2010 Ford Escape was my first choice when I bought this car, two months ago. I bought the Ford Escape XLT I4 Four cylinder and opted with it instead of the V6 because when I drove a 2015 Ford Escape, which I really like, with a V6, I felt it was too racey and punchy for city driving between lights. In fact I found myself having to pass alot of drivers because it was just too fast. But if you want a more punchy version of the I4, the Escape has the V6 which is sure to please.

I bought the I4 at a large car dealership. I was offered 5 year warranty on top of an addditional 1 year dealer warranty. If you go to buy a Ford Escape, try a large car dealership, because, they can and will work with you to get you a sweet deal.

So I have been driving my new/used Ford Escape for two months. So far, the car is absolutely perfect. It handles turns with ease. No more will I or any other Ford Escape driver have to fear turning too wide, when driving down a particularly narrow road. The car handles sublimly.

In the rain, the Ford Escape has few peers. With careful driving, it handles perfectly. The Ford Escape comes with rear window windsheild wiper, which I use every time it rains. There are no mechanism failrues ever on the rear or front windsheild.

The car has occasional vibrations at high speed on the highway. But those are usually only audible when the back window are open. The XLT package comes with automatic rear and front window controls. Use those when driving on highways to raise the window shut. The vibrations disappear instantly.

The Ford Escape has better milage that is usually reported in consumer reports. The high numbers are 34 Highway, 30 City. But look for them being more like 36 Highway, and 32 city. I drive every day usually to do errands, to get lunch or dinner. The 2010 Ford Escape uses very little gas, and is a gas sipper.

It will suprise you how little gas it uses. You might have to fill the car twice a month when using it to and from school for the kids, to get groceries, to run errands, to go to dinner.

I haven't taken my new used Ford Escape on a long road trip yet, but I am sure it will be one of the most enjoyable road trips ever.

I highly recommend buying the Ford Escape. The Ford Escape is AAAA+ in reliablility, handling, engine, interior, entertainment.

The Ford Escape is one of the best made cars in the US auto market today.

ac texas
By tra

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Garage kept 2010 air conditioner blows hot then a squirt of cold texas and 22,000 miles cheap cheap cheaply made