2009 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Transmission Problem

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Transmission Problem
By smishra on

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was fine it till the transmission died at 36200 miles. Fortunately I had bought extended warranty. I fixed it at the dealer and it still giving me troubles. I still see sudden gear change at low speeds. Do not know how much time this fixing will last, but I am always scared to take my family on a drive on this one. So Pros: 1. Ample of cargo space 2. Feels sturdy 3. Nice seats 4. Very fule efficient 5. Love the SYNC, I hooked up an external hard drive to this. It recongnizes and plays all my music. Cons: 1. Unreliable transmission 2. Interior is not nice - pretty cheap plastic 3. Very noisy - I reckon being an I4 engine it will be noisy, but it is a litle too much.

1. Better Transmission design and calibration 2. More stramlined body 3. Train exhaust engineers to do a better job for NVH.
By nthernlgts
on 03/31/13 13:24 PM (PDT)

I too had to get the tyranny rebuilt early on. I still had issues and had to take it back for reprogramming. It's held up fine since then. Perhaps yours needs the same?