2009 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Love it...sometimes

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Love it...sometimes
By ttescape09 on

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car used, and after owning it for 1 1/2 years I still love it. However it has had some pricey problems. I bought the car and I thought it needed a blend door motor on the passenger side (~$900) I replaced it and turns out it was a HVAC module (this was free after a letter to the owner of the Ford dealership because they misdiagnosed it the first time). I now have intermittent power steering (~$1500 to fix) This is my biggest issue because it appears to be a safety issue. So if you buy this car beware and have that money ready! Also paint is starting to chip off the top of the liftgate for no apparent reason (only 12 inches is covered by paint anymore)

I love the leather interior, heated seats, moonroof, ambient lighting, satellite radio, bigger than my saturn was

The steering problem is a common issue and can be dangerous since it is intermittent. If I had the money to fix it I would, but i think Ford needs to issue a recall.
By pete162
on 04/08/15 18:41 PM (PDT)

There is a power steering recall for your truck. I have the same one. Since you bought it used, the recall notice would have been sent to the original purchaser.