2009 Ford Escape 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My Escape is no acception

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

My Escape is no acception to the reviews
By catmandoo712 on

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I read on the internet that the 2009 Ford Escape 6 speed trans has problems.I thought that this is not going to happen to the vehicle I purchase.Well much to my surprise I had to have trans work on my vehicle at 29000 miles.Very slow shifting from reverse to drive.Now I noticed that it has a ticking sound like a vehicle with bad lifters in an old car.The dealer does not seem to hear it ,I must be hullucinating.Loud exhaust and a growling sound when driving uphill.Got rid of a 11 yr old Chevy Tacker and it was a much quieter than this 2 yr old vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort of seats is the reason I picked this vehicle along with gas milleage on a 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

The advertisements always states, think Ford first.I will not untill they can make a car that does not sound like a ticking old engine, and get rid of the loud exhaust ,this is not acceptable in this day and age of technology..Trans problems is not a good exchange for good gas milleage.