2009 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Check your transmission

2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Check your transmission
By Dana on

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In the beginning of the year I purchased a used 2009 Ford Escape from the Ford Dealership with 23,000 miles on it. About a week later I was on the highway and the rpm started racing and car wouldn't accelerate. Ended up bringing truck back to dealer because it happened a few times and was so unsafe. I hadn't made my first truck payment yet and they adv me I needed a new tranny. After doing online research there are a TON of people who had the same prob, while there is no official recall BE AWARE it is a widespread issue. It took 6 weeks to get the new tranny because they were back ordered. The truck is great now, but it really destroyed my confidence in the purchase. Guess it's mine now.

Favorite Features

The interior and exterior parts of the car look great. The mechanical problems w the vehicle are the problem.

Suggested Improvements

UMMM Fix the Transmission problem. Is it that hard to come out with a quality product? You don't charge any less. If i wanted to have mechanical issues I could have gotten a way better deal on A TOYOTA right about now.