2009 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Love my Escape!
By D in Arkansas on 06/01/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a truck from another manufacture, but due to cost and gas prices we focused on small SUVs. I'd driven an F150 before and loved it, so we looked at the Escape. The one negative was KBB's prediction about resale value (but I keep cars a long time so not a big deal). I was impressed by the safety ratings (my number one priority), and liked the safety features available. The SYNC system is great, itÂ’s easy to see all the way around the vehicle (no blind spots and easy to back up). At 60 mph I get 31 mpg, at 80 mph 25mpg; not bad for an SUV. It's well designed and wonderful to drive (I enjoy my commute now!). A great vehicle and a good value (we got it below invoice). I love my Escape!

Escape
By Escape on 05/30/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking to buy an SUV that gets good gas mileage. I bought a new 2009 Ford Escape and absoluetly love it. It gets great gas mileage, very smooth ride, easy to drive, and great features. I was also able to get a really great deal on the price. With only about 2000 miles on the SUV i am already getting close to 26 mpg. i am also only about 5' tall so i thought it was great that the seats raised up and forward. They allowed for me to see great and have no blind spots. The handling in the escape is amazing.

I like it
By edm on 05/26/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced my old F150 with this. I was surprised at how smooth it drives. The clutch does take some getting used to. Been getting 29.5 mpg on highway. Goes up the mountain roads pretty good. Full coverage insurance was cheap, so must be safe? I've only driven it about 1500 miles but everything works great.

Gas Mileage Surprise!
By UcoBronchoAdam on 05/26/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I knew I wanted a V6 for power and durability, but I thought that I would be compromising gas mileage to get it. I was wrong! The V6 is giving me close to 30 MPG on the highway and low 20's around town.

Deja Vu all over again
By Mac Webster on 05/25/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2005 AWD Limited and turned 100,000 miles on it. New car deals are so good now that we traded it in for the 2009, and the new version is so much better! Better looking, smoother driving, and the perks are all very cool. Have a hard time understanding how Edmunds calls this SUV "adequate" but owners have rated it much closer to the truth. Went to FWD and 4 cyl this time and getting 27 mpg on the road. We have a 6 year old black lab so we get the dark interior and we love the way the rear seats fold flush to the back of the front seats - Max loves to lay with his head on the headrest between us so many other fold-down rear seats just didn't work for us. The best little SUV made!

wow
By sbittner on 05/18/09 22:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We were looking at rav4 , crv and escape . All were close in drive and comfort but the escape saved us almost 6000 rite off the top . The 7yr bumper to bumper took any fear of durability out of the equation . The 4 cyl with new 6spd tranny has plenty of get up- SURPRISE!

Great Investment So Far
By pbnbcr on 05/13/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My family spent about a month and a half trying to find the best vehicle to accomodate our needs and I believe we made a great choice. We needed something with more room for a family but also a vehicle that sipped gas. We knew with an SUV that we would have to sacrifice mileage. I figured it would average 24 mpg but I have been pleasantly suprised. After 3800 miles I have consistently improved mileage each tank, going from 26.7 up to 29.13. For a non-hybrid SUV, I consider this excellent. -Smooth shifting transmission, quiet engine, great cargo space (boxy design helps), good visibility, center console is HUGE, smooth ride, great leg room. For a base XLS with AUTO and SYNC, nice features.

A Very Smart SUV
By Dusibello on 05/12/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned this vehicle less than a week. My girlfriend makes fun of me because I refer to it as a 'lovely' and 'smart' vehicle. I sometimes kick the brake release lever when I am looking to press down the emergency brake pedal, and I wish you could pop the rear hatch from inside the vehicle, and yes, folding down the rear seats is a piece of work, but other than those quibbles it is a love affair. Extra nice ride. Terrific interior. All around a winning small SUV. And despite misgivings about having Microsoft be a part of my vehicle, the SYNC system is great stuff.

off to a good start
By escapism on 05/07/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have had it for a week now. So far it has exceeded expectations in some areas. After much research I found you really get alot for your money with the Escape. It rides good, has a very tough exterior look, and is loaded with features. Got the XLT w/ Sync, tow pkg and cargo pkg. I would not recommend the charcoal interior, carpet shows every little particle of dirt you have on your shoes. The Sync system is the most outstanding feature to be put in a car since air- conditioning. If you love your IPOD, spend the x-tra money for it, you won't regret it. MPG is 23-24 overall, 27-28 on interstate. That is hard to beat for a v-6 SUV that has lots of pep! Roomy interior for your family.

Love it!
By Heather on 05/05/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Escape XLT. I had a 2001, then upgraded to an Explorer, hated it. I have had my 2009 Escape for just over 3 weeks and I am in love with in! Ford has made great improvements! The wind noise while driving down the highway is barely noticeable. This is a solid car that rides great! The gas mileage is out standing! I got 27.5 mpg on the highway and average 25 around town. This car is fun to drive! Ford has gotten it right!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Escape in VA is:

$105 per month*