2009 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great purchase
By Todd on 07/31/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All I can say is that the price is right, the look is right, the ride is right and the fuel efficiency is right for this SUV. I also got the entertainment package and moon and tune package along with the standard upgrades on the limited version. Just a great SUV and I highly recommend this to anyone. Not sure why the Editor's have an average rating of 6.9 but the consumers have a 9.1 rating...in this case believe the consumers!

Missed it by that much...
By Mr. Coke on 07/27/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As all new car buyer's, I was looking for safety, quality, manufacture reputation, and price. My wife and I have found almost all of that in our 2009 Escape XLT. It is a good vehicle, very economical, and meets all of our needs, but I wish that it caused a little more excitement. It is just a plain, simple, vehicle. The exterior styling is fine; but the interior reminds me of fish scales, and everything is made from plastic. We chose to upgrade to the leather package, but still feels like you are sitting inside of a childrenÂ’s toy. We like Fords, and will continue to buy their vehicles in the future, but just feel like Ford slightly, missed the mark with this vehicle.

2nd Escape in less than 2 years!
By Rickw on 07/27/09 06:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought our second Escape in less than 2 years (used cash for clunkers trade in). I keep looking at other SUV's, but always return to the Escape; too much value for the money over the others. Handles deep snow and steep hills with out a problem. Go escape!!!

one twice three times a for owner!!
By msgr8tescape on 07/25/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Well I have had many cars in my 30 yrs this is my 3rd ford and im no where near dissappointed in their cars yet. I love my truck would have given nothing but ten's but i have had a little problems and Im only at 1200 miles. I think i love my truck so much because i bought it BSN (brand spankin' new) so Im very please. After two trips to the service department my truck was diagnosed with a bad instrument panel which caused Candy (Shes red) spedometer and tachometer to go off by themselves just with the turn of the key and rev up as if you were pressing on the gas, all the way up 120 mph!! But she's being fixed right now and because of the excellent warranty I pay nothing :)!!!

Great SUV
By Louise on 07/20/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is our first NEW car in almost 25 years. We have been wanting a small SUV and after a lot of research we decided on the Ford Escape. Besides the comfort, the street appeal and the reliability ratings, this FWD,4 cyl. 6 speed trans. is getting nearly 27 mpg! It's only 4 days old and supposed to have even better mileage when broken in. We live in the Ozarks where it's all mountain driving and the car handles like it was a V6! There's no road noise and the automatic shifting is effortless. The front seats are ample and the Sirius music is awesome! This SUV has a lot of classy features and we know we will be enjoying it for a long time.

Caution!
By Caution! on 07/17/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchashed this brand new 2009 Ford Escape Limited Edition 4WD about a month ago. I drove this vehicle off the lot with 100 miles and a bad drivers door seal that leaked and you can hear air whisping by. It didnt worry me much because the waranty would cover the repair. It was taken to the shop the next week and I picked it up four days later. The problem was still not fixed. The next day the check engine light came on. I took it back to the shop they said that the fuel cap seal was not working properly. I took it right bck to the dealership and returned it with 500 miles on it.Ford should have put more time into testing this vehicle before letting it out for consumers to purchase.

traded within three months
By erb on 07/16/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A week after I drove it off the lot, I noted the steering wheel vibrated quite a bit while idling at red lights. Once it got hot and I started running the A/C, the vibration spread to the entire dash. My passengers could feel it. It was getting worse and the dealer said all the V4's did it, and they wouldn't do anything to fix it. "The car operates in the manner in which it was designed" was what the service reps and all the Ford reps said. Eventually the vibration got so bad that the antenna on the passenger side OUTSIDE the car would vibrate with the inside of the car. Ford said that was normal. I gave up and traded it in for a Mazda.

Growing Pains
By BitterSweet on 07/13/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed driving the Escape, but disappointed in its reliability. A bad wheel bearing was replaced at 3000 miles. A part for the steering wheel shaft was ordered at the same time. The airtime/rollercoaster feeling when driving over 'dips' in country roads was unexpected. Removable cup holders and easy to vacuum interior makes upkeep of the interior simple. Folding down the rear seats is easy, but I have had to search for the seat belts after setting the seats back up. Currently, 26mpg is it's avg highway mileage, I expect to see this increase with the recent repairs. Finally, I keep window cleaner in the suv due to significant drop in visability with any dirt on the windshield.

The best buy for the money.
By Leggir on 07/12/09 22:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford Escape and I love it. It was a toss up between it and the Mitsu Outlander but ultimately won because of maintenance costs. It handles like a car but doesn't dissapoint in off-road uses. I've taken it in 12" inches of snow out in a field, through at least 18" inches of water on a 4x4 track and it's handled admirably. In fact I've gone farther than some 4x4 pickups. Gas mileage is 29MPG (US) on the highway which is where I do most of my driving. Everyone who's road in it is impressed.

Fun Fun Fun
By lisa on 07/10/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I went from driving a Ford 500 Sedan to my new Ford Escape. I absolutely loveeeee this vehicle. I purchased the 3.OL V6 engine, Audiophile Sound System, the 17" Chrome-Clad Aluminum Wheels, and Sunroof. It is very fun to drive, handles like a dream, sharp to look at! I will never go back to driving a car. Can't wait until winter to feel safe and secure in my area driving my new 4 Wheel Drive. Oh! and I love the color, Torch Red !! WOOOO HOOO! 48 years old and lovin'n life.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$104 per month*