Used 2009 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

love this suv
By james warner

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

owned a 1984 ford bronco ii definitly a step up still tring to figure the bells and whistles but the gas mileage is great. would recommend to a friend.

gas milage , fog lights and love all the saftey features, feel very secure driving this has very familar feel.

inside rear window lift gate release

Love our Ford!
By Anthony

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Vehicle has been GREAT...it's my wife's car but I love driving it as well. I don't know what Escape Edmond's was driving, but the brakes on this Escape are AWESOME. We love the SYNC package as well as the satellite radio. Fit and finish are second to none. High revving 4 cylinder gets great mileage and has good power. Ford has been doing one hell of a job. Highly recommended. We test drove a Chevy Equinox (Government Motors, I know, please forgive me)and it was a typical GM...poor fit/finish, lots of cheap plastic, etc...even with GM's rebates, we said no way.

Transmission Issues
By Lianna

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my 2009 Escape at first then started noticing problems that I first thought were just a fluke, but may turn out to be something more which concerns me. Every now and then I noticed it would slam into gear when switching from Drive to Reverse and vice versa. Also runs rough from time to time and right wheel rides like it's wobbling from time to time. Car stalled on me this past weekend, I could not get it started and had to have it towed. Not happy at all considering the vehicle is less than a year old and I've got 5 more years to pay on it. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. According to my sales rep, the vehicle started "right up" this morning- the jury is still out.

Drivability...fun to drive, for a 4 cyl has good passing power and decent acceleration

Transmission needs to work more smoothly.

Sangria Ford Update AWD V6
By bjc

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Went on vacation and left vehicle with Dealer for a week. Ford has Tech Bulletins on transmission/transfer case noise and vibrating accelerator peddle that the dealer was able to fix. Overall I really like the vehicle, now that the annoying problems have been repaired I can get back to enjoying the commute.

Sync, power sun roof, satellite radio

Would prefer selections to switch from Drive to lower gear other than turning off overdrive or shifting into 1st gear.

Scratched Glass
By Mike and Debbi

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2009 Ford Escape,Escape Owners 08/09 help us out! This is the second Ford Escape we have purchased. New 2001 and less than a year ago 2009.(We love the Escape) The issue is the Belt Mouldings have captured sand/fine grit and has scratched the rear passenger windows. More noticeable due to heavey tint,and now on the front drivers glass and passenger. 2001 Ford Escape never this issue.The 09 is getting worse.The Ford Dealer stocks his inventory on a Boat Yard on Quincy Bay near Boston Harbor. The service department will not help us out to fix this problem,stating it's our fault.We do not live next to a gravel pit,nor do we drive this vehicle on the Beach.Ford Reps will not acknowledge.

All features except for issues with glass scratching!

Ford district and field representatives will not contact us.Quirk Ford Service will not repair concerned issue.