2009 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great SUV
By DQuinones on 11/04/09 02:02 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am telling Ford did a wonderful job with this one. Its a great Suv from top to bottom. Handles very well, comfortable and fun to drive. I was always skeptical buying a Ford. This is my first Ford and I am so glad it was this one. I test drove a lot of suv's in this class and nothing compared. Looking for a suv that handles like a car, looks good and extremelly comfortable than this is the one. Highly recommended!

So Disappointed!!
By Oroville2 on 10/25/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loved my last 2 explorers, wanted better economy and all the tech stuff the Escape offered. It is back in the shop for the second time in one week for a problem with the transmission disengaging while driving on the freeway. Pulled over and would not go over 10 mph. Very scary!! Said it needed computer update, but did it again 6 days later.Not sure about Ford quality anymore.

Dont't buy it
By RHShaffer on 10/25/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first and last ford. I wanted to buy an American made car and unfortunately I made a huge mistake. I travel for my work and need a reliable comfortable, roomy and efficient vehicle. I bought my 2009 ford escape in July and now its October and the vehicle has 14,500 miles on it and is broke down 400 miles away from where I live. I live in Birmingham and my transmission went out in Natchez MS and the car is still there. Not only is the vehicle not reliable but ford fought with me on honoring the warranty on the faulty car they sold me! I am disgusted with the way they've handled my situation and will NEVER buy another ford. I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone to buy an Escape or a ford

we like it!
By Biffle Fan on 10/05/09 09:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Escape as a daily driver. The AWD was a must for the winters here. Very practical for my wife and I and our 5yr old daughter. Seats are comfortable. The revised V6 is great. Runs strong. Gas mileage hovers in the 23.5 range with 70%/30% mix of rural 2 lane highway/city driving every week. Very nimble to drive. Was plenty comfoirtable for us on a 600 mile trip to the beach.

Fantistic SUV - Perfect Size for Me
By Matt H on 09/30/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After a 4-year break from having a SUV (Had an '01 Explorer Sport), I am so happy to have purchased this vehicle. The size is perfect - not too big so parking is a breeze (plus the reverse sensor helps), but big enough to haul my bicycles and dog in the back. On a 1200 mile roundtrip of mostly highway driving, I averaged 26 mph, which I confirmed against my gas consumption and the miles driven. The sync system is like none other as is the navigation. It's a very addictive machine - great job Ford!

Bad start with Ford
By YB on 09/25/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Ford vehicle I buy and I am very disappointed with the build quality. First 2 weeks and there is already a welding spot inside the left rear end that causing a constant ratlle sound upon departure. The dealer fixed it but it left me with a very sour taste about Ford quality. Especially because I had driven only in city roads and not off-road. Now I noticed the sound that many forums people have experienced. I really wonder what is next...

Beware -Think...Read before your buy
By BEWARE on 09/21/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have problem after problem with the SUV. Really thinking about public transportation. Clicking in the wheels, shifting is horrible, transmission seal leaked and this is in the first 3 months of me own the vehicle. The good reviews must be from the dealerships. Think and research before you make this purchase.

My Rolling Stones Escape purchase
By dave524 on 09/05/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's not exactly what I wanted, but the more I drive it the more I think it's what I need. I wanted a Ford Edge but the price wasn't right. So I test drove the Escape and looked at the mpg rating and figured it might be what I need. It's fun to drive, almost like a car. It's real nimble. The acceleration isn't that great but once the 6 speed auto transmission gets you up to 40 mph, it takes off. But the main thing for me is the fuel economy. My last truck was a gas guzzler, so it's nice to not have to pay frequent visits to the gas station. The true test will be seeing how it deals with Chicago winters.

Surprised
By Steven on 09/05/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am very surprised with the performance and ride of this little SUV. I wanted something that would get better gas mileage than my full size pickup for every day driving and I am very please with this little gem. The average gas mileage has been better than projected and it is fun to drive. The SYNC system is a fantastic added bonus. My only negative is I'm not a fan of the cloth seats. Wish I would have gotten the leather interior. The front seat room is great. The back seat is best left for little people if the front seat driver is taller. The cargo room is surprisingly large. If I could offer one improvement to Ford it would be to move the back seat back and add some leg room.

FUN FORD!!
By dylandaughter on 09/04/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My first Ford was a 2004 Ford Focus ZX3, and I loved it! I wanted to go in and get the Focus Zx4 with leather seats and Microsoft-sync technology-but alas no hatchbacks.I am outdoorsy with a big dog,and a consummate environmentalist, so an SUV never seemed like something I would let myself have. However this SUV gets nearly 30 miles to the gallon (less with the kayaks on top) but with all the room and the good gas mileage I gave it whirl. It was fun. As soon as I got used to the narrow wheel base --it was a lot of fun! I love it, I love it, I love It. Its comfy, practical safe, and economic! not the sexiest car terms but works for me, my dog, my kayak, my ski's, & all my gear.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$104 per month*